Saturday, May 12, 2018

Twofer

Well, AGAIN Long Time No See :-)  Today I thought I'd add the oldest cards from my Draft Folder - they are both sympathy cards for our friends on the loss of OUR friend their mother, Thelma... the second one I was too embarrassed to dedicate a post to so I've snuck it on the end of this post, hence the "Twofer" title.  I did make a nice card for Thelma's hubby, that can come another day - today we have the "runners-up", lol
Here's the first one
To be honest, this card does look SO much nicer in real life, I was happy with it.  The gorgeous embossed card is pearlised, the embossing is very heavy, I got it from my favourite "speciality" paper store Starfish Lane with my birthday voucher from Son #2 :-)  
The lace ribbon with glittery bits came from there too, the pearl and rhinestone embellishment was from eBay.  I added a very fibrous dark brown ribbon on the top edge of the lace ribbon - the whole card is very tactile and using good quality papers and embellies was essential to the finished effect

I used a sentiment I have used before for Sympathy cards, just typed out on the computer.  The small flourish at the bottom is a Memory Box die (Ivy Tendril I think).  That's it!  
The inside is finished along the same lines as the outside, as per usual
Now, the feeling of quality the first card had just didn't happen with my second card; it should have, I used great quality paper from Starfish Lane again, but to be honest I'd spent so much time on the Widower's card I was pushing it to do anything too elaborate for the other two cards - I wanted them to be different and ended up with one just looking second-rate.  In the interest of warts and all crafting, here it is...


 I used a Portacraft embossing folder (which I obviously like because I've bought it twice, lol) sponged with burgundy ink on the one half and added the floral paper, which is really very nice in real life, with a subtle glittery sheen to it, matted onto burgundy card to the other half.  The burgundy trim covering the join is also from SFL.  The sentiment is available on my freebies page, here; the matt was cut with Nestabilities and ink added to the edge to tie it all together.  A couple of burgundy pearls from my stash and that was that.  Again, as usual, I finished the inside with elements from the front.
I'd like to enter one or other of these cards to the following challenges:


Creatalicious Challenges Anything Goes, add a Sentiment
Cute Card Thursday Flowers, embossed on the first card, printed on the second
Die Cut Divas Flowers, embossed on the first card, printed on the second
Crafty Cardmakers  No Patterned Paper (First card)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Patterned Paper (Second card)
Pixies Snippets Playground Use snippets (the patterned paper on the second card, why there's only half on each layer! though my lovely son bought me more for my latest birthday)
That's it for today... at least I've got all my cards from 2015 out of my Drafts Folder at last... except for that one sympathy card!!  I'll be back - "soon", maybe with something new (I've been adding to my dies collection like a crazy woman, lol, organizing all my stash is what's been taking up my crafting time!) until then Happy Crafting, Donna

24 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful sentiment
Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday
Julie T

Cynthia said...

Both cards are lovely, Dee. Sympathy cards are tough for me. Thanks for joining the May Anything Goes challenge at Catch the Bug!

Suzi Mac said...

This is so lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Digi Choosday. Good luck!
Suzi Mac

Sue Crease said...

Thanks for sharing both cards today with us over at LPCF

Glenda Atkins said...

Re your first card: Thanks for sharing this wonderful sympathy card with us at Crafty cardmakers, I love the verse and the amazing background you Created!
Happy Crafting
Glenda Dt

Jackie C said...

Pure class both of them! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious. Good luck and we all hope to see you and your creations again! Jackie DT member.

Di said...

I love both of these cards Donna - wonderful designs and the words are really beautiful. Always so hard to make sympathy cards but you really did Thelma proud here.

It's lovely to see you in the Playground again too!

Hugs

Di xx

Wendy L said...

Perfect for our challenge at MAWTT, thank you, xxx

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Such a beautiful card with a beautiful sentiment. I have just lost a childhood friend and reading this sentiment, it is so true. Lovely work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

Judy McKay said...

very elegant card. Pretty. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see your art work back here again soon. Judy DT

Jenna casserly said...

This is great! Good Job! Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Jenna DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

karto_flana said...

Wow, such ellegant!

Thank You for joining us at Creative Fingers challange. DT Ella.

Andrea said...

Thanks for joining us in our week 19 Anything Goes challenge at href=" https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/wk-19-digi-choosday-challenge.html">Digi Choosday

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 4CC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cicci said...

They are perfect!!! So elegant!!
So beutiful And wonderful and great design !!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
Through The Craft Room Door
this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
DT member at TTCRD
Cicci With The Pen {Welcome to follow my blog}

Christine Harrop said...

Two beautiful sentiments on your lovely condolence cards. They are perfect my challenge choice at MAWTT. Thank you for sharing. Christine DT x

Arlene said...

The first card has an elegance and richness to it with the lace, colors, embossing folder and dies you used. The second card is lovely, but when you're viewing them side by side, it doesn't have the same impression. It will take on its own quality and beauty. Lovely cards both. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Ann-Marie said...

Beautiful cards, very elegant. Thank you for sharing with us this week in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles.
Take care,
Ann-Marie (Polkadoodles DT)

Shylaashree said...

Both are adorable donna.great card.Thanks for playing along with us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Shylaa DT@Polkadoodles
Adhiraacreations

Anila Dikay said...

Beautiful effects on both cards..

Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Anila DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

The Red Mullet Band said...

Fantastic Cards!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator

Helen said...

Beautiful creation - thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope you'll join us again next month.

Helen x

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional add a sentiment” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…