Sunday, March 25, 2018

Belated Birthday

I was going through my Drafts Folder (which has still got loads of projects in, sigh) and found this "belated birthday" card I made for my hubby's brother-in-law a couple of years ago; the thing is when I found it I realized I've missed his birthday again this year (it was last week so I'll just have to get one made and sent... late - again, lol)
The image is from Mo Manning... called, appropriately enough "I Forgot".   I coloured with Copics and Prismacolor pencils - don't I always, lol, and cut it out with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Scalloped Square die
I used paper from Kaisercraft's Class Act pad.  I embossed some heavy black paper to match the card base with a Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder for texture then cut it with one of the (Lawn Fawn I think) Stitched Border dies that I use all the time to put the panel across the top
I added some chevron ribbon from my stash - goes well with the chevron DP - and the "OOPS" which are acrylic letters I've had for a while.  I made the "I Forgot" sentiment on the computer.  The rest of the sentiment is on the inside, and Brad's name in the acrylic letters too
The inside of the card has some of the DP and ribbon from the front; it is a gift card holder as well as a card so I made a pocket on the inside front to hold the "scratch and match" tickets we get for Brad every birthday (family joke), I used embossed yellow card on the inside to brighten it up a bit.
That's about it for this card, very simple really... it's that cute image that makes it work I reckon :-)  I would like to enter my card in the following challenges: 
Aud Sentiments Has this Bingo Board, I've used either Die Cut / Embossing / Pattern Paper or Ribbon / Digi / Die Cut
The following are "Anything Goes" challenges

Hope I'll be back a bit sooner next time, though it is the twins' birthday next week (they're 5 already, can you believe it?!) and I haven't made their cards yet - I'm not making their cakes this year as they are helping Mummy :-)) but I still have to get their cards done and the rest of their present sorted.  Either way, until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

15 comments:

Ania said...

Love your project!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles Challenge Blog:
https://polkadoodle.blogspot.fr/
Ania DT

Blue Daisy said...

Love this card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! Good Luck!
Tracyx

Eve's Been Reading said...

So cute, we’re all the same us card makers- never have a card when we need one! Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Digi Choosday Challenge, good luck! Yvonne (DT)

Elaine Stark said...

A brilliant card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Lucy Patrick said...

Oh my, this is so cute for a belated birthday card Donna, I love it! That elephant looks so remorseful hehe. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Polkadoodles, good luck in the draw. XOX Lucy

The Red Mullet Band said...

Lovely and useful Project ! So nice!!! I love it!!!
Thank you for play with us
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog

Pat K said...

Awesome belated birthday card Donna. I'm lovin that adorable elephant, beautifully coloured as always and the inside is so masculine. I love it. xx

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful project! Thank you so much for playing along at Create and Inspire Challenges.
Crafty hugs xx (scrapsdamaryv.blogspot.pt)

N-Eva said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! And your colouring is fantastic! Great colour combo and that image is super! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges

Sherry said...

Great Idea.. Awesome ..Thanxx For Entering Your Card In Challenge At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends .. Good Luck
Sherry Lynn
DT

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute image --Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is one fabulous card - I also loved the cute inside all decorated up! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

sweetpea said...

Aw so cute, Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with an Attitude Janet DT

Tangii said...

Wow! That image is so cute and the inside design is fantastic!! I'll bet he loves it! Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles, hope to see you again.

Anonymous said...

I do not even knw the way I ended up right here, however I believed this
put up wass good. I do not recognize who you are however certainly
you're going to a famoys blogger in case you aren't already.
Cheers!