Sunday, September 22, 2013

Here Come The (Baby) Boys

Well as the title suggests, the new challenge starting today over at  Here Come The Boys is Babies... Baby BOYS that is!  Here's my card
It's funny, some cards just seem to be more fun to make than others, this was one of the "fun" ones!  
I used the gorgeous Wee One from Wee Stamps, I've flipped it because I just prefer my image to be "looking" to the right (I dunno why!) and with digis it's so easy to make it happen :-) The Pink Elephant want us to use a digi image or digital papers, so I'm entering there.
I've coloured using Copics, adding some texture and highlights to the baby's hair with Prismacolor pencils.
I used coarse textured blue card for my matting, it was super thick and quite hard to cut with my lovely new border punch (one of eight my Mum and Dad got me when they were in Malaysia recently, thanks Mum xx) Bunny Zoes Crafts want us to use Something Blue, plenty of blue here, I'm in :-) The theme this time around at Clear It Out is: Men/boys and the Stash element is: Punches or die cuts - I've used both so I'm in there too.  I used one of the  punched out scrolls on the edge of the image panel, adding a baby bottle die cut I got in a set from Make It Crafty, painted white and embossed with Pastel White glitter.  The image is mounted on a mat cut using Nestabilities Lacey Squares which I also embossed with Pastel White Glitter (using Hot Set Powder and very fine glitter), it looks so nice and glittery IRL! The  Crafts-Too Challenge You challenge is Theme: Texture, Twist: Shiny/Glittery so I'm in.
The sentiments are from Bizzy Becs Digi Ticket Stubs, Little Boy. Totally Papercrafts has "Happy Birthday Baby"  (Birthday or New Baby) so I'm entering there, Crafts 4 Eternity has Cute Kids - this wee one definitely fits the bill so I'm in there too, Cutie Pie Challenge has A Cute one for the Boys so I'm there and 
My Mums Craft Shop has Boys Only, as does Eclectic Ellapu so in there as well.
The papers are from a pad I got in Spotlight, Totally Gorjuss has a "Dotty" challenge so I'm entering there.  The ribbon is from my stash as is the Card Candi and the little pearls on the scroll border; Addicted to Stamps has a 1 2 3 challenge... I've used 1image, 2 sentiment tickets and 3 embellishments (Card Candi, ribbon and pearls) so I'm entering there.
I finished the inside, as usual, to match the outside.  Through the Craftroom DoorDivas by Design and Colour Me Copic all have Anything Goes challenges, so I'm entering there.
I hope you get a chance to pop over to the Here Come The Boys blog and check out the rest of the Team's inspiration.  Hope you get a chance to enter the challenge too, a baby BOY card is always a handy thing to have on hand :-) 
Well that's it for today, I actually have a few cards that I've finished, taken pictures of and sent so I should be able to show you those soon - I just have to find the time to "blog" them, lol.
Either way I'll be back soon.  Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

17 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card love the layout and the tickets Ginny x

Ankie vd Polder said...

Oh this is so lovely and sweet. Just adorable. Hugs, Ankie

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Donna, adorable image coloured so beautifully.
I love the papers and wonderful detailing.
Sue xx

Steph said...

OMG!!! I love your work. Fabulous coloring, love it.

Anonymous said...

Just stunning!! I still aspire to colour like this! Gorgeous card and layout xxx

Sue Nicholson said...

Smashing boy card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie one for the boys challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Donna, love the super cute image and very beautiful design.

Donna x

Janine said...

Gorgeous card Donna. Fantastic colouring and a pretty colour sheme. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine xx

Anne Fenton said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful! Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Jac’s Playground said...

Adorable card, such a cutie too, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

RitaK said...

Oh, what a cute babycard you made. Lovely use of dies. Thank you for joining the ATSC. Hugs Rita

Jennie Atkinson said...

A a fabulous card and great colouring! Thanks for sharing it with us at C2CU this month.

susiestacey said...

Such a beautiful card and love the cute image.
Thank you for joining The Cutie Pies A Cute One For the Boys challenge and good luck x Susan x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really sweet card hun, love the cuts you have used!

Hugs Shell xx

Unknown said...

Very cute! I know what you mean about "fun" cards - feel the same way sometimes. :)
Have a great day, Craftdee...

Elaine’s Card Crafting said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card at Eclectic Ellapu. Sorry for the late comment, I have been poorly!

Elaine (DT) xx