Sunday, August 11, 2013

Here Come the... Squares!

So it's that time of the fortnight... time for a new challenge at Here Come The Boys, the theme this time around is "Only Squares" - easy peasy!  I went Squares to the max:-) I made a square card with squares on the patterned paper even a square button!  Here it is.

I've made the card base out of Kraft card, Sweet +Stampin' has Use Kraft so I'm entering there.  Great Impressions want a Square Card so I'm in there too!  I've only used Kraft a few times before, but I think I've found a new fave!
I didn't actually have any Kraft card (I have an A3 pad, but it's just paper) so I bought an A3 folder from Officeworks and cut it up; I got two 15cm cards, one 13cm card (ready folded) and a load of good sized off cuts (at least three cards worth plus odd sizes) from this one folder - it's really heavy card too, certainly a good back up supply, and it cost just $2.50
The image is from Bugaboo Stamps, who are our Sponsors for this challenge (YAY!!), this is Theodore Birthday Sign.  Hobbycutz has For a Child so I'm entering there.  I've coloured with Copics, adding some faux stitching with a fineliner, I've used brown as it's not as stark as black.  Totally Gorjuss has Hot Hot Hot as their challenge, I'm thinking my colours are "hot", so I'm entering there and Allsorts Challenges has Stitching so entering there too.
Digi Sketch Challenge  has an "Anything Goes" challenge whereby you can choose any Sketch; I used the sketch from January 2013, the last sketch from when the challenge was known as Willow Sketchie Challenge.  It incorporated Squares and suited the fairly CAS look I like, Whimsy Inspirations Challenge has a Clean and Simple theme, so I'm in.  I popped each layer up on foam dots, Delightful Challenges has Make it Pop (Use layers or dimension) so I'm in there too.
The papers are from Kaisercraft, Technologic and Class Act.  By Lori Designs wants us to use Designer Paper - I have, I'm in :-) and Paper Pretties wants us to Use two or more Designer papers, again I have!
The ribbon is from my stash, as is the square button; this is actually the back of the button  (the front is patterned blue and green) and I coloured it with Copics to match.  The metal "2" and "U" are from my stash too.  Cards for Men have Use metal for their challenge and Corrosive Challenge has Birthday with a number for theirs - this is a birthday and it does have a number on so I'm entering there.
I finished the inside of the card to match the outside... minus the button :-) oh, and I didn't pop up the layers either (it's too hard to write on the sentiment panel if it's wobbling about, lol).
Send a Smile 4 Kids,Hanna and FriendsCrafty CalendarPapertake WeeklyThe Crazy Challenge and Through the Craftroom Door all have Anything Goes challenges running, so I'm entering them all.
Well that's it for today's card, pop over to Here Come The Boys and check out the rest of the team's inspiration... they've really thought "outside the box" within a Squares Only constraint of course!!  I hope you get a chance to make a "square" card (for a man or boy remember!) and enter the challenge.  Don't forget that great prize on offer - 7 digis from Bugaboo Stamps :-)
I'm just settling in for the evening, we'll be watching the fourth test (cricket) soon, though I use the term "we" loosely; hubby will be watching and I'll be crafting or blogging with the odd glance to update myself... test cricket's like that, you don't have to watch every minute (unless you're my hubby of course, lol)  We just finished watching the (Aussie Rules) Footy, our team won - against the odds - and it was a great game (yes, I actually do like "footy", but only the Aussie Rules kind, soccer is too slow for me, I am easily bored, lol) the dog may get a run before the cricket, but I must admit I'm not feeling that motivated :-) a friend is popping in, with any luck she'll want a glass of wine, and then it'll be too late to walk the dog!
I'll be back in the week with a card I made for my Mum's birthday, until then Happy Crafting, Donna

24 comments:

Kathyk said...

Super card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Hobbycutz

Kathyk

deesdesigns said...

Hi Donna! I'd recognize your style anywhere - love how the image is the star of the card. I'm loving this challenge, I'll be back later to play. How is your son? Healing and getting better each day I hope?
Take care - Dee

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is fabulous love the colour combo and papers Ginny x

Tracey T said...

Another wonderful card, Donna - the layout is fab! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Anonymous said...

What a super card inside and out.Your colouring is wonderful and I love the colours you've chosen.I do like the ribbon you've added too.Thanks for joining us at Digi Sketch Challenge.Hope to see you again next time :D
Lisa x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Donna. I love the image, the colours, the design....all of it!
Lorraine x

catherine said...

A great card Donna and thanks for joining my stitching challenge this week at Allsorts
x catherine

Vicky said...

Gorgeous as always hun...:o)

Hope you had a lovely weekend...biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Donna. I love the cheery image, fabulous colours and gorgeous papers. I enjoy using Kraft card too, it seems to go well with most colours.
Sue xx

Hello said...

This is a gorgeous card and thank you so much for sharing it with us for our challenge this fortnight at Hobbycutz.
Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

Jo Channon said...

Hi Donna,
Love this layout, such a clean and neat. The colouring is so cheerful too. Thankyou for joining in at Allsorts this week Jo x

Sharon Caudle said...

Love your fabulous creation!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Giovana said...

What a great card!!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions Challenge.

My Creative Therapy said...

Donna I love how you used the envy! Smart lady :) Love this Bugaboo image and beautifully colored! Beautiful layering too! Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door and good luck!
Kathi
DT Member

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so cute too.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Awesome card! I really like the 2U! Thank you for joining us here at SAS4K. :)

Regan said...

Adorable! Fantastic papers and I love the "2U"! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
{hugs}
Regan

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card! Glad to see you have been introduced to the world of Kraft ;) I love it.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan x

Pia Larsen said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and so cute at the same time! Your choice of colour combo is just the icing on the cake.
Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Pia xx

Craftevan said...

Fabulous card wonderful detail. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cards for Men Challenge. hugs, Kate x

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi Donna,
Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Sweet Stampin :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is gorgeous. Totally loving the image & how you have coloured it so beautifully. The colour combo is fantastic. Love, love, love it! Thank you so much for sharing. Hugs, Lisa.

P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like. Why not enter the DT Call? :)

Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (Blog Candy)
Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns
Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (DT Call)

Seafield Jo said...

This is a gorgeous card, your colouring is wonderful.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck.

Jo :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Awesome card inside and out. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs Pat

Sparkly Engineer said...

Your coloring is fab and your sense of color is perfect. Love that you also do the inside of your cards.

Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT