Saturday, July 20, 2013

Weddings or Anniversaries at Di's Digis

Well, I didn't get as much crafting time this week as I was hoping, but I DID manage to get my DT card up for the new challenge at Di's Digis Challenge Blog, where the theme is Weddings or Anniversaries.  We're in the middle of winter here, but as we still get plenty of sunny days and temperatures in the high teens/ low twenties (Celcius, of course!) weddings are still popular, and come September there's a veritable confetti explosion - so I made a Wedding Card :-)
I've used the lovely "Special Day Moments" image (from Di's Digi Stamps - as you would expect!!)  It was a difficult decision as there are so many sweet Wedding images to choose from. The sentiment is from the Desert Diva, one of Hannelie's fab freebies, thanks :-)
I coloured with Copics and made my own White Pastel Embossing powder (using equal parts clear powder to glitter) to emboss the brides dress and cowl. It's so hard to photograph, but looks really effective in real life.  Crafty Creations has Time to Sparkle and Delightful Sketches has Glitter and Bling as their challenge themes, so I'm entering there.  
I've used the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday this time around, I love a nice sketch, and I've popped the floral panel and image panel up on foam dots, don't I always? lol Addicted to Stamps has a Lots of Layers challenge, so I'm in there too.  The image panel is cut and embossed with Nestabilities Labels Three, the mat is handcut, A Little Bit Crafty has "Die-ing for it" as their theme so I'm in!
I finished the inside of the card along the same lines as the outside, without the foam dots, lol.  
I used a lovely heavy textured card for the base, the "heart" paper is vellum lined with white card.  The floral print is Japanese Chiyogami paper, anyone who's used this type of paper would know the lovely texture it has - it's like rice paper and the print sort of "soaks" into it, even the gold outlining looks like part of the fabric - I love it, but it's a bit pricey so I tend to only use it on "special event" cards... like Weddings, lol.  I get all my speciality paper from Starfish Lane in North Perth; I have another voucher burning a hole in my purse - from Mother's Day back in May - there's just been too much going on for me to get down there and redeem it!  I do love to spend a loooong time choosing, lol.
The pearls and felt flowers are from my stash, Card Mania Challenges has Pearls and/or Gems for their challenge, so I'm entering there.  
I cut the gold floral-swirly-flourish-thing (!) using my new (as in hitherto unused, lol) Memory Box Nottingham Border die, cutting it up using some on the front and the rest of the inside, I think it worked okay :-) The Anything Goes Challenge has an Anything Goes theme, as does Tuesday Throwdown, so I'm entering them too.
Well, I'm off to Matt's, he's getting to that stage in his recovery where boredom and a bit of depression are creeping in; so we're going to shake it up a bit for him (as much as you can with a man with his leg in the air, two little babies and a no-alcohol diet, lol)
Pop over to Di's Digis Challenge  and check out the rest of the team's work, it's great as usual!  Hope you get to enter the challenge too, there's a great prize on offer from the Cutting Café - and don't forget, if you use one of Di's gorgeous images, there's an extra prize on offer too :-)
Well that's about it for today, I'll be back in a day or so with a card for a Guest DT position that I won recently.  Until then Happy Crafting, Donna

18 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning colours papers image and all the beautiful detail Ginny x

Sally Dube said...

What a lovely Wedding card!! Beautiful image and your papers are simply gorgeous!! Love all your detail!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you Donna!!
Sally SSW-DT

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Donna. I love the cute romantic image, wonderful colouring and beautiful papers.
hugs Sue xx

Vicky said...

Adorable hun...:o)

have a lovely weekend...biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning creation, great colour combo & those papers are fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Di said...

Hi Donna
Just a beautiful card hun, Thankyou so much and i hope all is well and getting better for the family! ( the only way is up!!)
Big hugs Di xxx

mulberry station said...

Absolutely Stunning. I love every little inch of your card. Beautifully done!!
Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Joanna M. said...

Oh so cute! Love that new die and your beautiful paper make this card amazing. Thanks for joining in the sketch fun over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
~Jo, SSW-DT

Kathie said...

Hi Donna your card is absolutely stunning. I love your colour combo and this sweet image but just totally in love with your Japanese paper. Once of my very favourite colours together. Wonderful card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT
P.S How is your son is he out of hospital yet? My sister went into a hospital in Melbourne on Tuesday and had a major operation for Lung Cancer and isn't doing that well at present so I have everything crossed hoping she'll pick up.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colour scheme! Xx

Heide said...

What a beautiful wedding card! The Bride and Groom are going to love this. The touch of gold is just perfect. Happy to have you join us.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! This is the perfect wedding card to cherish!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

This is so pretty! I love the shimmer on the brides dress! Thanks for showing us your "sparkle" this week at Crafty Creations!
Tracey F, DT Crafty Creations Challenges

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, this is one stunning card! Such a sweet image and fabulous embellishments. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous, adorable card and what pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

This looks beautiful on my computer, I can't imagine how wonderful it looks in person. The homemade sparkle-y stuff does show up (at least for me). And you used some of my favorite color combinations. Thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Creations.

Trish Latimer said...

Great card Donna! Thanks for playing along with the A Little Bit Crafty Challenge this month! xx

Christine L said...

A stunning wedding card... love the colours and the design.

Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes this time.

Christine x