Sunday, July 08, 2012

Tag Time at Here Come The Boys

Well I don't use tags on my cards very often, but as the theme for the challenge starting today at Here Come The Boys is to use a  Tag on your card I've used one on this card.... it certainly won't be the last time I use a tag, they're pretty nifty!
I've used a Gus image from Bugaboo Stamps again, love this guy's 'tude!  This is Gus, At My Age and he comes with the sentiment.... which my hubby can relate to (he said). Bugaboos Catch The Bug challenge this time around is an Anything Goes, so I'm entering there. I've coloured with Copics adding gloss to the beach ball and Gus's glasses.  By The Cute and Girly (which Gus is NOT, lol) has "A Day At..." as their challenge, Gus is having a day at the beach so I'm entering there, Crafty Calendar has "Fun in the Sun, The Crafty Pad has At the Seaside, Craft Your Passion has Chillin' and Grillin' and Paper Crafting Journey and Totally Papercrafts have Summer as their themes so I'm entering there too.  Cards for Men and Paper Play Challenges both have birthday challenges - I'm in there too!
I've used this fabulous sketch from Sketch and Stash this time around, love a good sketch!
The papers I've used are digis from Shery K Designs, this is the Summer Mega collection... 20 completely different patterns for $3.00, I LOVE a bargain, and they print out a treat.  The red matting paper has a light corrugated finish, which adds a little interest.  I didn't have enough red card to make the Circular mat, so I coloured some orange stuff I had with Copics.... guaranteed to match my image :-)  The Joanna Sheen challenge this time is "Going Round in Circles", so I'm entering there, Allsorts Challenges and Divas by Design have Red White and Blue challenges and Crazy For Challenges has The Colours of Your Flag... you guessed it, the Aussie flag is red white and blue, so I'm in!  (Our sporting colours, for example what our athetes will wear at the Olympics are Green and Gold, so I suppose I could use those too, lol, but our flag is definitely red white and blue!)  Oozak has Bright Colours as their theme so I'm entering there too.
The image mat is cut with Standard Circles Nesties, and the mat is cut using Scalloped Circles.  I cut the tag freehand, but seems as I'm going to use tags more, I think I might invest in a tag die.... or two :-) The Simon Says Challenge, is Tags or ATCs and Stampin' for the Weekend is Tags, so I'm entering there.
The ribbon is from my stash, as is the little acrylic (modern word for plastic, lol) starfish and the Card Candi... which is a relatively new addition to my stash, it's Carnaby Street, with gold stripes on it, very nice, and I've Copic-coloured it to match as well.   I used a gel pen for the faux stitching on the tag.  As always, I qualify to enter the Waste Not Wednesdays challenge to use our stash!
I've finished the inside of the card a little differently, being channeling Joey here, I've used a digi image that I've had for an age, Beach Borders from Whimsie Doodles set in a square with a red border and dashed blue border (even easier faux stitching than my gel pen, lol) added in Word - all set on top of a sheet of the digi paper from the front... so it's all on one sheet, no waste at all as the digi paper that's covered by the white square doesn't get printed... if that makes sense.  Cupcake Craftroom has Layers as their challenge theme, lucky for me there's plenty of layers on the Front of my card, lol.
Sassy Cheryls Tuesday ChallengePapertake Weekly and Creatalicious Challenges  all have Anything Goes challenges, so I'll be entering those too... my goodness plenty of challenges to enter today :-)
Well that's it for today, pop over to the Here Comes The Boys blog and check out my teamies-tags, there's some great inspiration there.  Hope to see you join in the challenge.
I'll be back in a day or so, in the meantime, Happy Crafting, Donna

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOl! This is brilliant Donna!! Love the colours and so my Dad! Woo xx

StampOwl said...

Fun card, thanks for playing along with the C4C

Louise said...

Donna, this is a fantastic card! Coloured brilliantly, and I especially love the "budgie-smugglers" (which is what we call Speedo's in Australia). Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion, Hugs Louise xoxo

Laine said...

Wonderful, fun summer card. Love the image and the colours and design you have used. The inside of your card is lovely.
Thank you for joining us at Totally Paper Crafts this week.
Hugs
aine
X

Dawn said...

Gus has never looked better! lol
Thanks so much for playing in our At The Seaside Challenge this week at The Crafty Pad!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous card Donna. Love the image, sentiment, papers and layout.
Hugs
Caz x

Sassy Cheryl said...

Too stinking adorable and your coloring is AMAZING! Loving the inside as well. Perfectly fun in the summertime!
Thanks for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

Pat K said...

Awww...he is fabulous. Such a fun card Donna with beautiful colouring and layout. Love it. hugs, Pat K.x

Wishcraft said...

Oh just love this Donna! Such a fun image and gorgeous papers too. Thanks for joining in with my WNW challenge hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Pia S said...

This image is so fun! The tag looks great too! I love how you've decorated the inside of this card. In my opinion, it's so pretty that it could actually be on a front page too,

rachel said...

fabulous image and a great card xx

Cheryl First said...

Fabulous color choices! Gus is such a 'tude, I agree!
Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

((HUGS))
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

Cheryl First said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

image and sentiment definitely made me smile! too fun!

xo, Kristina
Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com

cotnob said...

I love this card Donna, these Gus images are so funny and your sentiment tag looks great.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Pauline
x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Donna :-) Gus is such a fab guy and the sentiment is perfect lol :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lizzy said...

Love your card it's so colourful ...Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash ..good luck!

xx Hugs Lizzy xx :)

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Great Gus card! Love the colors and layout. Great idea for the inside! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug!

Suzi Mac said...

I love this card Donna, great layout, papers and the inside is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Joanna Sheen with your fabulous card.
Hugs
Suzi x

~@ngie~ said...

FANTASTIC!! I just love everything about your card... the papers... the image... your colouring technique is awesome :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

Hugz Angie xXx

Céline said...

fab card, love the papers and inside too
thanks for playing with us at BTC&G this month
hugs
céline

Teresa said...

This is a fantastic card Donna, I love these funny images and sentiments, it's a lovely bright summery card too.
Hugs Teresa x

cheiron said...

The image on this card sure gave me a laugh Donna! I love your coloring...super fun. Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Ren-Yi said...

This card is too funny! Thanks for playing along with us at Paperplay.

Marvine said...

Awesome.
Stunning image and colors, love it :)

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Love this image - makes me smile! Fab colours, very summery! Thanks for playing along at The Crafty Pad this week.

Estelle xx

Cathy said...

That image brought a smile to my face!! Fabulous card, perfect for our summer theme. Thank you for joining in this week's Totally Papercrafts challenge.
Cathy xx

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Donna - this is an awesome card ... I love a bit of Grumpy Gus! You've coloured him brilliantly, and I love your digitised card inner to match ... very neat! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at The Crafty Pad in our "At the Seaside" challenge!
Helen x (DT)

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card.
Thanks for joining us this weeks at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne
x

nnalorac said...

Such a fun fab card. Perfect for our challenge this month. Thanks for playing along over on BTC&G. Carolxx

Daniele said...

what a great fun card so glad you joined us at SnS this week
hugs

Sandra said...

Great card!! Thanks for joining in with Joanna Sheen's Challenge this week.
Sandra x

Theresa said...

OMGoodness - what a great laugh I had. Thank you...you made my evening. Your card is just fabulous. Thanks for joining us this month at the Cupcake Craftroom.

tootsie said...

Thank you for entering our summer challenge over at The Paper Crafting Journey

I have some BLOG CANDY
on my blog if you are interested!

Hugs,
Wendy

Aideen said...

Oh I just love Gus and the way you have done up the inside of your card too-thats so cool :)

Thanks for joining in with BTC&G this month x