Friday, August 19, 2011

Too Cute To Spook

Well, I think this little lady is too cute to spook...what about you?  This is one of the cards I've made to showcase the new digi release from CC Designs available today at All That Scraps
I've used another couple of the new release images in my second post for today...check it out here (or scroll up).  Why don't you go and check out the rest of the design team's great work at the All That Scraps blog too mucho "Too cute to spook" there!!.
The image panel is cut using my Large Scalloped Square Nestabilities, Birgitta is coloured with Copics, as is the background scene -Swiss Pixies Halloween Scene  - also from CC Designs.I've concentrated on the hair again in my drive to make it look realistic...which may be a superfluous gesture on a girl who doesn't have a mouth, lol.    Copic Oz has All About the Hair as its challenge theme so I'm entering there.
Birgitta is cut out and popped up on foam dots. After I'd taken the picture if my card, I decided to add some Gloss to the eyeball, you can see it in this photo.  I think it added a little something!The sketch I used this time was a goodie...it's from Sketch and Stash.  The stash I've used, apart from the brand new image, is the fabulous Card Candi I just got.  This is from the Jelly Tots collection.  I coloured the bottom piece of candi with some pigment ink...Copics wouldn't "take" which is unusual, but the ink did the job just fine. The designer paper is Doodlebugs Oogle Boogle- it's discontinued, apparently :-(  mounted on black card.  The sentiment is computer generated, mounted on purple card from American Crafts (I think).
I used one of my many generally-unused gel pens to add some faux stitching around the edge of the card and the sentiment, it just took the starkness off them.  The Pink Elephant has stitching (real or faux, me faux, lol) as its challenge theme so I'm in there.   I attached the sentiment using a brad from my stash.  The purple organza ribbon came from stash too...though I think it's actually from my cake decorating stash which means it's probably YEARS old :-)
The inside of the card is finished very simply using the same Nestie as the front...I can't remember the name of the paper, wish I could, I'd get some more - it's been very handy not just for Halloween either.
The polka dot flower and orange flower-brad centre just cheered it all up a bit.

Addicted to Stamps and Whoopsi Daisy Challenge both have Anything Goes as their challenge theme this time, so I'm entering there too.
Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT work...and to check out my other post of course, lol.
Until then, or next time you visit, Happy Crafting, Dee

12 comments:

Sue said...

absolutely love love love your card, super cute image and a fab design...just brilliant:)

Thank you for using my sketch and for joining us at SnS

Sue
xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Donna, wonderful details and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Brenda said...

Dee, I love this card. Your coloring is so amazing. I am always blown away!! You are right, this image is so fun as is the background!! You put it all together so perfectly!!! I am so inspired every time I come to your blog!!
hugs~Bren

Wishcraft said...

Love it :o) Fab image and design, gorgeous colouring and love the papers. Lisa x

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Donna, she is far too cute to be spooky lol. xx

Teresa said...

(Me again sorry) this is so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps 'Anything Goes' Challenge.
Hugs Teresa xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at ATSC, hugs Liz xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Donna, your colouring is fab hun.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps for our anything goes challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Absolutely fantastic colouring of the sweet image. Love it! Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...mona

Chrissie said...

A totally adorable card and that image is such a cutie pie!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
lol Chrissie xx

Sheri Gilson said...

ADORABLE Halloween card!! Love the sweet image and sentiment!! Thanks for playing along with The Pink Elephant.

Daniele said...

sooooo spooktacular, great card, lovely colours so galsd you joined us at Sketch n Stash this week
hugs