Friday, February 11, 2011

Bewdy, a True Blue word game

Now for something completely different....I was hopping around some of the blogs I follow this morning (because of course, I have absolutely nothing more pressing to do with my limited time, h-hmm)  when I spotted a post on Aussie Loz's blog about a game that fellow Aussie Zoe has going on.......a game with prizes; now isn't that the very best kind? :-)  The comp runs until Feb 26th.
All you have to do to enter is have a look at the list of Aussie slang terms Zoe has written, then give your definition for them, you don't even have to use all of them!  They don't have to be correct even, just "yours".
I've done my entry as a little story, (because I type faster than I craft!) the pertinent slang terms are highlighted.  Here we go:

My friend Sue came over yesterday, she brought chocolate cake, "You Little Ripper" said I.  "Well, I'll Be Buggered if I'm going to stick to my diet on my birthday" she said.  "Crikey it's hot", I said, "Fair Dinkum I'm as dry as a dead dingo's, well you know!".  "You've found yourself On A Good Wicket with that new bloke of yours, Sue, make sure you don't Make A Proper Galah of Yourself - he's years younger than you!"  "She'll Be Apples" said Sue, "He's a Ridgie Didge kind of bloke; Buggerlugs wasn't happy - I told him he shouldn't have divorced me then, should he"  "Oh well Sue, Give It A Burl, you're so lucky I reckon Bob's Your Uncle.  Another piece of cake?"  "Nah, I'd better not, I'll have to Go Like The Clappers to get to work on time as it is.  I can't be late again, feel like a right Ning Nong"  "Good Onya for bringing that cake, Sue", "No problem Dee, I know you've been getting the Rough End Of The Stick recently".  "No worries, Sue, she'll be right, Hooroo"

and that is the end of my story :-)  Until next time, Happy Crafting, Dee 

3 comments:

Loz said...

Heheheheeh, Love it! How clever are you! ♥

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Awesome story!! Such a great idea to put it all together like that too. ;D I'm going back to read it again. ;D

Zoe said...

Oh Dee! That was sooooo clever. I loved your story and was sitting here in anticipation for the next line as I read it. Thanks so much for sharing your creative Aussie Slang writing skills and having a few laughs! hugs xxoo