Monday, January 03, 2011

Bye Bye 2010

First of all: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  I hope it is a happy and safe one, bringing all that you wish for.  I thought I'd make this post the last one about Christmas 2010.  These are some more of the simple cards I made.
This card uses Candy Cane Cherrie, available at Tickled Pink Stamps.  I used her on another couple of cards this year, here is one of them.  I coloured Cherrie to match the mat behind the image which was from Kaisercrafts 6x6 pad "Carnival Christmas".  I cut and embossed the mat using my Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Oval, I use this a lot!  The image was cut and embossed using my Classic Oval Nestie, which I also use a lot!!  
Bizzy Becs has a competition for her Australian customers to win a Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine, all you have to do is make a card using a Spellbinders die - which is absolutely no hardship, I love mine and I got THREE new ones for Christmas which I can't wait to crack out- and you can enter as many times as you like "earning" a token (entry) each time, or buy a Spellbinders Die (which are on special what's more) earning three tokens per order.  Pop over to her site and check it out.
I didn't "fussy cut" the image as I normally like to do: I was running out of time!  I just foam dotted the matted  image instead.  The strip on the left of the card is ribbon,  I inked the edge of the card to soften the effect.  This really was a simple card to do, as was this next one.
For this card I used a tag from Graphic 45's "Christmas Past" collection.  I embossed some gold board with Cuttlebug's Divine Swirls embossing folder, then mounted the tag on it then cut it out leaving a narrow border.  I used tartan ribbon from my stash in the punched hole which I had meant to put an eyelet around then remembered I don't have an eyelet setter, lol.  
The papers are from Kaisercraft's 'Tis the Season and Dear Santa 6x6 collection, the band in the middle is ribbon from my stash.
I used papers from the same pads for the card pictured below,last year. All I added to this card, which came with the scalloped edge, was some gold stickers.
 I've got to say these pads have been an absolute bargain, I reckon I've still got years of cards left in them (especially if I maintain the same efficiency as I did in 2010 and resort to "shop" cards  because I run out of time), lol.  

The other two cards below, using a different type of window card than I used here, are even MORE simple, if that is possible!!
The "Joy" card has a panel of green embossed with Cuttlebug's Snowflakes embossing folder, how different it looks in green!  The Joy is a pre-made 3D sticker I got in a pack from a $2 shop, some of them weren't bad! The only other decoration on the card is some flat backed pearls from my stash.  
The inking around the edge is a bit heavy - you know how it goes, I was in such a hurry to get these last few cards finished, I got a thumbprint on the card then had to spend five extra minutes trying to build the ink up to cover the thumbprint: The old adage "haste makes waste" at work here, methinks! 
The last card has some offcuts in the small cut outs and filling in the edges of the window. The sentiment is a sticker and the border is a multicolour braid/cord/ribbon that I bought for something else, but found fitted this card perfectly - and again SO easily ;-)
Anyway, that's my offering for today.  We've nearly finished our decorating but my darling hubby is home for another week so my crafting time is somewhat curtailed as we rush about "having" a holiday - something of a contradiction in terms, sometimes isn't it!  Until next time, Happy Crafting (do some for me!!) Dee

1 comment:

Brenda said...

You may call that card simple, but any card with that magnificent coloring is not simple. We all know that takes time!! All of these cards are gorgeous, good luck on winning the grand calibur. I wish I was eligible to be in the draw~