Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vintage Christmas

I finally sat down and made a few Christmas cards, in the vintage style for a change of pace.  This is the first of them.


Crazy 4 Challenges had a great sketch to work with, I'll probably use it again very soon as you get to use up your scraps and by now I have a LOT of scraps!
I used burgundy Leathercraft cardstock, and papers from the Kaisercraft "Dear Santa" and "Tis the Season" 6" pads.  I love these little collections, the colour matching is all done for you and there are always a couple of "fancy" papers in there - like the gold foil that is on the cream paper on this card (that, of course, you can't see in the photo!)
The tag is from Graphic 45 "Christmas Past", I mounted it on a mat of the burgundy card then added a couple of red crystal brads before popping the whole thing up on foam dots.  The ribbon is from my stash, though I've never used it before - now I've used and loved it, I wish I had a load more - or at least could remember where I got it!!!
See you soon, happy crafting, Dee

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wow, gorgeous card. Love that sketch!!!