Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Butterflies and Lace

Hi, today I have a card that is unusual for me: it is pastel (well, not pastel pastel but pastel by my standards!) and has lace on it.  I've never done a card with lace, fabric lace, before - now I know it's not that scary!
I used Prima paper from the Fairy Flora collection for the card front.  The image is Butterfly Birgitta, one of CC Designs Swiss Pixies collection (available here).  I love her, where I was brought up, pixies were not this pretty!  I used my usual combination of Copic and Bic markers, with a bit of ink in for good measure, to colour her. I just about always colour her little wings the same as the wings on the butterfly, on this card I added some Stickles after I'd taken the photos, I added them to her hair bobbles too - it looks cute (no point in photographing it again, I can never get the sparkle to show anyway, lol) I cut a pink circle as a mat then used my Lacey Circles Nestie to cut the panel for the image, technically it's not mine yet - I put it away for Christmas but just had to make sure it worked first ;-) 
As the image has a butterfly on it, I am entering Flutter By Wednesdays challenge for this week "Thanks"
I used the Sketch For You To Try at i heart 2 stamp, loved it.  Normally I would have put a contrasting strip of paper down the side, but this image seemed to lend itself to something softer so I sponged some Kaisercraft Orchid ink on the edge of white lace and used that instead, I think it worked well.  I used the same ink on the sentiment and sponged some around the edge of the sentiment mat too, which is punched from a 2" scalloped Fiskars punch and Sullivans 1.5" circle punch .
Sweet Stampin' had Buttons and Bows as it's theme this week, this card has one bow -I'm sure one is enough :-) using ribbon from my stash, and the three flowers at the bottom have tiny pink buttons in their centres. I inked the ends of the petals with the Orchid ink to tie it all together.
Bizzy Becs, a great Aussie site, has "Cute and Sweet" as its theme this week and Delightful Challenges has "Flower Power" as its theme , so I'll enter it there too.

I cut two strips of pink paper with "oh sweet" printed on it for the inside of the card, punched the edge with an EK Success border punch.  I backed the punched out area with the offcuts of the paper from the front as it looked a bit "bald" with the white showing.

Thanks for looking at today's offering, and Happy Crafting, Dee.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

This is beautiful. I love the soft colors. That lace is to die for!!! I am a bit jealous of your new lacy circle (even if you don't actually have it yet!) So pretty!!!

Cec said...

This is so sweet and girly. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Val said...

Wow - fab card. Thanks for joining the Sweet Stampin Challenge this week,
Hugs
Valxx

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful! So soft and feminine! Love what you've done with the SFYTT, especially the lace for that vertical strip.