Friday, September 17, 2010

Trick or Treat? that is the question


 This is "Witchy Emma" by CC Designs, yes AGAIN with the CC Designs - anybody would think I LOVE these images! The background image is one of theirs as well it is the Swiss Pixies Halloween Scene. 
ATSSketchEmma is entering a competition at All That Scraps, using this sketch.  I have stuck pretty much to it except I have used two embellishments at the bottom right being the eyeballs of Emma's little friend,  Two Peas in a Bucket also have a challenge on, "make a Halloween card", so this card is "going" there too.
The card itself is purple, from DCWV Jewel stack. The great Halloween paper is called "Oogie Boogie", isn't that cute?  I don't know the manufacturer, I was so busy cutting it up I didn't take note.  The green strip is DCWV self adhesive    card from their Brights mat stack and the orange paper is from Kaisercrafts Hippy Girl collection.  

 I coloured the background for the image with sponge daubers using Antique Blue and Aubergine pigment inks.  The moon I coloured with an orange marker then highlighted with yellow marker then yellow pigment ink; Emma's skin,the fence and leaves with Copics, the rest with markers.  I "fussy cut" (just heard that term and HAD to use it) Emma and popped her up on foam dots.
D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder gave a bit of texture to the circle behind the main image.  I like the way the shape of the circle and the moon "reflect" each other; in fact when I saw the sketch I knew I just had to use this image which I haven't used until now!
The sentiment, which I just realised doesn't have a question mark, is made up from  "Tiny Letters" stickers on a few strips of leftovers from the card itself; what I have discovered - after much cursing - is that it is best to NOT try and line up these little letters, just let them go a bit "au naturel".
Emma's little friend's (or is that fiend's? haha) eyeballs have been in one of my crafting cupboards for YEARS, lucky I could find them.  Thanks for looking, hope you like "Witchy Emma", I sure do and will be making more Halloween cards and  also birthday etc cards with the "Witching you a......" type sentiment. Until then, remember I'll be "witching" you - oh, does the wit never end........


1 comment:

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Donna! Your image is adorable and your coloring and detailing are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at ATS!
hugs
Risa:)