Friday, September 03, 2010

Pearl Says Hello

I told you I'd be doing some more mermaid cards!  This is Pearl Tidepool with her little friend Seymour, again the image is from CC Designs Sweet November collection available at All That Scraps. It is my round card and also myfirst easel card, I have made it so the personal message inside can't be read without opening the card, ie when it is on display you can't read what is written inside.  It does mean the card "lays" down a little, but being round meant that there wasn't a lot of room to write inside.

Pearl has been entered in a beauty competition!  More than one in fact!  I've entered this card in a few challenges; the Finally Friday challenge over at Two Peas in a Bucket (http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/challenges/ )this week was "make a friendship or hello card", also the Tickled Pink monthly challenge (http://tickledpinkstampmonthlychallenges.blogspot.com/which was to use the sketch provided by Kellie Winnell - here it is 

The papers are from Kaisercrafts Hippy Girl 6"x6" paper pack .  I embossed the background with Cuttlebugs Tiny Bubbles embossing folder - how appropriate!!  The image is coloured with Copics and Versamark pigment inks  I glittered up her tail, as I did with Current Ebbtide and also glitter embossed the sentiment, though it hardly shows in these photos! I added pearl "bubbles to finish it off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pearl got in the top 5 of her contest, her prize was a blinkie in the sidebar of my blog :)