Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy 80th Mum

Well, Saturday 7th August 2010 was a special day in our family, my lovely Mother was 80 and we celebrated in style: First of all my sister and myself took her to be primped and pampered with hair, makeup and manicure then a stretch limousine to a winery restaurant in the hills for a fabulous lunch, then home in the limo for candles and cake.  I don't usually put family photos on this blog, but here is a photo of my sister, me, my mum and dad outside the restaurant.  My husband, sons and daughter-in-law were there too, maybe I'll post a photo of them one day :)
Of course I made my Mum's birthday card, here it is:

The photo is of my mum when she was 19.  My dad carried it around for years, so it was quite creased and a bit dog eared - nothing a bit of Photoshopping couldn't fix!!  I used Kaisercraft Devonshire Tea 6" pad for the background, with the bird,  flowers and butterflies cut from a piece of Christine Rea paper. The cream mat is heavily embossed pearl paper. I added lace, flowers and fern leaf, gold brads and trim and finally the gold filigree butterfly with a diamante strip for a body.  The "80" is a rub-on.  The envelope has the more of the Christine Rea paper on it, I made the envelope a bit 3D to fit the flowers in, but I could have made it a bit MORE 3D!




The inside of this card was obviously personalised for my mum, but the principle is easily applied to all cards, it is lovely to get a card that you know is just for YOU.


1 comment:

Craftdee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.