Sunday, June 19, 2016

Summer is Here at Di's Digis

Time for a new challenge at Di's Digis Challenge Blog, the theme this time around is "Summer is Here"... even though it's NOT Summer here, lol.  Here's my card

 I've used an image I've used before, mainly because the fortnight just flew by and I didn't remember to grab a new image from Di - she has lots - in time to make my card... but Henry Hazy Days (available here) is soooo cute and PERFECT for the Summer theme, that it's "all good" I reckon :-))

I coloured with Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils, inking the sky with Versamark ink and a homemade stencil.  I'm really happy with my colouring on this one, but still struggle to capture it in photos 
The paper I've used is from Merci - it's from Big W, but the quality of these packs is fabulous; the paper is heavy, really rich/intense colouring and has a texture, really good paper, and not just good-for-the-price either!  I used a punch to cut the edge of the panel at the top, then decided it was too fussy with the print (especially with the mat having a print too) so I just freehand cut along the edge of one set of scallops on the print, it only took about two minutes, ironic really as I faffed about with the punch for AGES!!
The gold metallic trim is from my stash, I've had it for years and am down to my last few centimetres... wonder if you can still get it, mmm.  The wooden butterfly is from my stash; this may be Merci too, but I'm not sure.
I bought a few "generic" dies from ebay recently, the "hello" cut from gold foil card is one of these... I 'll have to track the source down for these too as they have a few more styles that I fancied but I thought I'd wait til I got these to see how they cut; the answer is "brilliantly" so I'm going to get some more.
I finished the inside of my card with elements from the outside, don't I always, lol. That's about it for today's effort, I hope you get a chance to check out the rest of the team's inspiration... so much Summer it makes me long for some... no, not really, winter in Perth is the BEST :-)  I hope you get a chance to enter the challenge too, great prize (as always) this time from Crafty Ribbons, and extra opportunities if you use one of Di's Digis or a Candibean rubber stamp, if rubber is your "thang".
Thanks for looking at my card, I hope you like it... until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna  

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

What a lovely time he is having in the garden. Loving the autumn hues.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Tammy said...

This is so cute, I love that adorable image and the touches of gold! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious.
Tammy x

Unknown said...

lovely card thank you for joining us at ArtbyMiram challenge
Jane DT x

Cara said...

So sweet! Love that image.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
(Hugs) Cara
Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
TTCRD Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

jenn shurkus said...

wish those were my summer digs ;) fabulous card!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Valérie said...

Thank you for playing with us @Creatalicious. Love your hedgehog image and beautiful coloring. Hugs Valérie

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our " anything goes with optional animals as main focus” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Come and Get It)

(DT Crafty Friends)