Thursday, June 02, 2016

A Pinch and a Punch...

Yup, here we are at the first of the month... AGAIN!  Time for a new challenge to start over at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge, where (as always) all you have to do to enter is make a project with some Patterned Paper on it, too easy!
I have a Christmas card to share, it's actually from my draft folder - and no, it's not the last... sigh.
I'm having a bit of a problem with my pictures looking "flat", I can't work out why but we'll just have to live with it for the time being as life is super busy and I don't have time to dedicate to sorting it!  It's lucky I'm here at all really; we were given a new modem by our ISP - nothing wrong with our old one, they're upgrading the network and old faithful wouldn't have been able to keep up, as it's their doing we get a free modem... but anyone who has ever had anything to do with computers KNOWS what I mean when I say that the "simple" and "easy" instructions, while not too bad were NOT simple or easy; or more to the point the "Troubleshooting" page had to come out and the connection's been a bit iffy - something that WASN'T a problem prior to said "upgrade", sigh
Anyway onto my card.  Simple little number (my Christmas cards generally are, lol) using the oh-so-sweet image Wrynn Angel from Tiddly Inks.  I coloured with Copics, with some Prismacolor details, and added Stickles to the halo.
The "joy" is either a Sizzix or Memory Box die, cut in green card then glittered up with Stickles.  The image panel has a gold foil mat cut using a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangle die.  The papers are from Kaisercraft, I added a smudging of gold ink around the edges of all panels to soften the overall effect.  
As always I finished the inside of the card with elements from the front, the sentiment (stamped in gold, not that it looks gold in the pic!) is one - actually two, the sentiment and the frame are two stamps - of my favourite Christmas sets from the sadly now defunct Tickled Pink Stamps.
That's it for today's card, it was really quite sweet in real life, I'll have to address these photography issues!  I'll be entering my card in the following challenges
Cute Card Thursday: Holidays/Vacation
A Snowflakes Promise: Anything (Christmas) Goes
Jingle Belles: Banish the Blues… no blue
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge: Traditional Colours
Bunny Zoes Crafts: Lovely Layers
I hope you get a chance to enter the challenge, it's such an easy theme and great prize... why wouldn't you? 
Until next time, Happy Crafting 

19 comments:

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi Donna! This card is so pretty! I love how you colored Wryn, and the whole card is perfectly put together! :)

lauren bergold said...

such a sweet image and a great job of coloring! thanks for helping to "banish the blues" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Lucy Patrick said...

Hey Donna! Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my "Thank You to the Deb Dress shop" card, you made me giggle. I'm so glad someone else's "white" dresses look like they need a good soak too hehe!

I love your Tiddly Inks Christmas card, you've made me want to use that Spellbinders die as I have it hidden underneath a mountain of others somewhere lol, time to scrummage around. I think the use of gold really makes your card pop too. Your colouring looks beautiful and that halo is so sparkly, what did you use?

Don't you just love getting new computer stuff, it's never
easy and guaranteed to be frustrating, hope it gets better for you.

I hope you have a great day,
big hugs,
XOX Lucy

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is just so beautiful. Loving the earthy tones with the touched of gold.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card My Blog As I do Rodos

Sandy Palmer said...

Such a very peaceful, serene Christmas card! I love all the use of gold here! Your coloring is quite lovely! Beautiful card! Thank for joining in at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Lorraine said...

She looks fabulous Donna, and beautifully coloured.
Lorraine x

Angela B. said...

Love your image, the coloring is outstanding and that gold paper layered behind just so well put together! GOrgeous! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD!

Angela, DT
Through The Craft Room Door (TTCRD)

Carla's Cards said...

A sweet holiday card, thanks for sharing with A snowflakes Promise!

SmilynStef said...

Love the neutral tones with gold ... so glad you helped us banish the holiday blues at jingle belles.

Angie said...

Thanks for joining our Challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.

Hazel said...

Thanks so much for your lovely design inspiration for Craftyhazelnut's June Patterned Paper challenge and thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge extra for June x

Catie Cuddles said...

This is stunning! Love it. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Jackie C said...

Glorious, love it! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Creatalicious, Jackie DT member

Denise Goeldner said...

Gorgeous card, love the Wyrn image and all the gold, beautifully done. Thanks for entering Holly Jolly Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
Denise DT for HJC

Aurelia Aurora said...

Awesome card.. Lovely colouring and elegant design.. Thank you so much for joining our Challenge #59 at Artbymiran Challenge blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good Luck at the draw.. <3

hugs,
~RoRa

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional wedding” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Come and Get It)

(DT Crafty Friends)

Julie said...

Absolutely stunning card! I love the way you colored her dress and the golds are just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CHNC extra challenge
Julie T

craftysahmiam said...

What a perfectly colored image on your lovely card. I especially like the stickles on the halo.