Saturday, January 02, 2016

New Year... New Challenge, theme: "New to You"

I'm ba-ack :-))  Today marks the beginning of a new challenge at Di's Digis... the theme - in keeping with the New Year - is "New to You".  I made a card for a new baby; the last of the three grandsons my husband's cousin and his wife had in the last six weeks.  It's a tri shutter card, I like them because they fold flat and are therefore great for posting... and they are "interesting" to look at -  of course they're hard to photograph, but  here goes
 I used one of Di's new images (Bubble Baby, available here)... I just LOVE it, as soon as I saw it I just had to have it :-)  I coloured it in quite pastel tones, using Prismacolor pencils (no Copics this time!) to suit the GORGEOUS vintage style paper I treated myself to on my last trip to my LSS.  It's from Cavania of London, called (rather unoriginally, lol) "It's a Boy",its thick, embossed, foiled glittered and just LUSH.... and there's three sheets of each print so I used two sheets of the one print split up over two layers and lined up the pictures so that it looks like one complete sheet when the card is closed.
All the papers are from the same pad, as are the embellishment stickers
 I typed the "Ten Little Fingers" sentiment on the computer, cut blue scrolls using a Memory Box Ivy Tendril die and cut them into pieces to add to some of the plain panels. The "It's a Boy" and "Bundle of Joy" die cuts were from another of the sheets in the pad, I used a Lifestyle Crafts circle die to cut the Bundle of Joy sentiment and the mat for it.  The pearls on the image panel were originally white, I coloured them with Copics to match in.
There's quite a bit of subtle glitter on the paper, but I coloured one of the letters on the image a bit dark so they all ended up getting a good lashing of white glitter embossing -)  These photos are a bit darker than real life... it's the "only" way to get the glitter to show.  I decided to not add gloss to the balloons... which I always do.... to keep the overall soft feel.
I've added a few pics from different angles.  I'm really happy with this card, it looks lovely in real life... so sorry about all the pics, like I said I like my card :-)
Pop over to the blog and check out the rest of the team's inspiration it's worth the visit :-) I hope you get a chance to enter the challenge this time around, there's a great prize on offer (isn't there always?) and don't forget if you use one of Di's images - a digi or a Candibean rubber stamp - you get extra opportunities to win, yay!!
Here's the challenges I'm entering my card in.Allsorts Challenges New (New baby)
Sweet Stampin' Something New (New image)
Creatalicious Challenges Something Old (card, pearls) Something New (image and paper)
Simon Says Challenge Any Celebration
The Crazy Challenge Celebrations and 
I'll be back in a day or so with another make, until then Happy Crafting, Donna

16 comments:

mulberry station said...

Absolutely adorable! I need to make one of this style of cards. I haven't made one I a long time. I love them. I love the image you have used along with the fun papers. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug. Happy New Year!

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge and a Happy New Year. Elaine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Fab make to kick off the New Year! Love the fabulous papers and that lovely new image. Gorgeous card design too! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin' and showcasing your 'New Stash'. So glad you joined in the fun with us for our first challenge of the New Year. Wishing you a wonderful 2016. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

Virginia L. said...

Oh my, this is so intricate and amazing! What a great baby keepsake!!So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Party” Challenge!

Barbara Bruder said...

This is a great baby card. Love the card style. Those are so fun to make.Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

Leanne said...

Nice fold card, love the glitter on the baby, and the colors and details on the layout are so awesome. Great job! Thank you for entering our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Cheers,
Leanne DT/4CC

Jacee said...

What a great design, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Karen C said...

Aww, how cute! I can recall making a ton of these for a baby shower one year for a lady at work's sister... Super cute! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
Hugs,
Karen C

Mervi said...

Totally adorable card, beautiful details.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts "What's new" Challenge, good luck;-))m

Sam Lewis said...

A beautiful card honey .

Thank you for joining us for the challenge over on the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
xxSAMxx
TCP Design Team.
My Blog
That Craft Place Challenge Blog
That Craft Place on Facebook

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anjie said...

What a stunning make. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Anjie (DT)

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a cute baby shutter card - just perfect for our 'New Stash/Occasion' theme this week. Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous tri fold card! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's anything goes challenge, hope to see you again and good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

Mia Scott said...

Gorgeous card! What a lovely layout.
Thank you for joining in with the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Polkadoodles Mia - DT Member xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, so many pretty details. Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge over at http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xx