Saturday, November 07, 2015

Tic Tac Toe-tally Challenge Time

Yep, it's that time of the fortnight again... time for a new challenge at Di's Digis Challenge blog; this time around we have a Tic Tac Toe or Bingo Board.  I made a Christmas card, I read somewhere that it's only 7 weeks until Christmas, 'bout time I got serious about the card making :-) I made an easel card, nothing unusual in that, but at least this one is round for a change
I used one of Di's newer digis.. this is Jolly Reindeer Cheers, you can get him here... isn't he the cutest??!!  
I thought the oval die cut on the circular card looked like a stripy Christmas ornament, the main reason I used it though was because I wanted to show the "fold" of the easel and have the image stand out more... this is how it looks set up
I  coloured with Copics and, instead of adding Stickles and Glossy Accents as I usually do, I heat  embossed the fur on his cap with a white glitter EP I mixed myself (oh so technical; clear EP and white glitter, lol) and Ranger Clear on his nose and the ornaments... it is a more subtle finish than the "liquids" I usually use, but it looks quite nice :-)
Ooh, now for that all-important Tic Tac Toe Board... I used the line "Die Cut/Digi Image/Hand Coloring" or was it "Fancy Fold/Hand Coloring/Sentiment", lol
The snowy sky background I made myself in Photoshop, feel free to grab it... I'll have it on my Freebies Page too if you want to come back later... I have it in two shades and is 15cm or 6" square so prints up to quite a good size 
I used Lifestyle Crafts Circle Dies to cut the card and DP (which is from Basic Grey) and a Spellbinders Oval Floral Die (not to be confused with Spellbinders Decorative Elements Floral Oval die for the image mat ... really?? couldn't come up with a different name Spellbinders, geez!)  The plain red oval is from that set too but the gold mat was cut free hand as was the image panel. Here's a pic from the back
Actually I have half the set of these Oval Florals... I was in my LSS and trying to decide whether to get the set, coz they're not cheap, and I only use the bigger dies in all my sets and hate the waste; another lady was pondering the same set of dies, I mentioned (coz I'll talk to anyone, anywhere, lol) that I only want the big ones, she laughed and said I only want the small ones, I suggested we buy one set between us, she smiled and we left it at that... then when I was paying she approached me asked me if I was serious and we did exactly that; both left happy and even the shop owner was pleased as neither of us would have bought a set so one sale is better than none! 
I used a nice cream pearl card for the mat, it embossed beautifully too.
I used another Spellbinders die on the inside, it's one of the Banners set that has sat unused in my craft room for well over a year, oops! The embossing on these dies is what makes them a stand out... I cut a mat for the sentiment as it just didn't look finished without one.
The (digi) sentiment is from Pink Petticoat's Traditional Christmas Greetings set, the gold beaded thread and gold flatbacks are from my stash.
Well, phew, that's it.  If you made it this far, WELL DONE... I did manage to fill a page with info on what is a VERY basic card, but hey ho :-)  Hope you get a chance to check out the rest of the team's inspiration... and a chance to enter the challenge too of course, great prize on offer as always, and there's extra opportunities if you use one of Di's cute images... a digi from her webstore or one of the Candibean stamps if rubber's your thing ;-)
I'm entering my card in the following challenges 
Crafty Creations Colourful
Fab'n'funky Challenges Die Cuts and/or Punches
Cute As A Button Winter
Pink Gem Christmas Critters
Sweet Stampin' Christmas Christmas Travel (Reindeers = Christmas travel, hope so!)
Graphit Colour Challenge Christmas Sparkle 
Great Impressions Bling on the Holidays
Pile It On Anything But Square or Rectangle
Wags n Whiskers Not a Square
CCEE Stampers Circles (apart from 
Craft Your Passion Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Anything Goes
Art by Miran Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Anything Goes
I'll be back soon.  Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

20 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Just love his face! fantastic card Ginny x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Donna, such a cute image and I love all the pretty details.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Wags N Whiskers, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jacee said...

so very cute, I love this design!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jenny L said...

Hi Donna,
what a brilliant card.
That image is so cute, and this is a wonderful shaped card.
Thank you for joining the Pink Gem Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

Fikreta said...

Your card is very cute!
Thank you for joining us at Cute as a button!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.

Unknown said...

This is one spectacular easel card! Loving all of the beautiful elements and accents you have added! Totally blinged out! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Great Impressions!

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together, we are so lucky you have entered our art by miran challenge
so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

Cicci said...

So CUTE!! A Beutiful Card and love the colours that you have on the card!! Really great design as well
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge!
Hugs CicciTTCRD DT
ciccividpennan.blogspot.com {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Lynsey said...

Hi this is such a sweet card! Thanks for joining in with a Gem of a Challenge this time.
Hugs Lynsey x

Marilyn said...

How could you not love this face? hahahha... that is the cutest reindeer I've seen in ages!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and I hope you'll be back again.
Marilyn

Mynn xx said...

EEK! This is SO CUTE! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that image, and the shape is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, Love the Easel shape. Thank you for joining in at Cute as a Button xx DT Sarahjayne xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

What a cute little reindeer....beautiful card...Thank you for joining us @ Fun n Funky this week...Julieannex

Suze said...

I love the bead string you have used as a stopper for your lovely easel card. Thank you for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for November.

Tindaloo said...

Aw! He's SO cute! ♥ Awesome coloring, love your card! :) Thanks for playing along at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again! And check back to see if you are one of our winners. PS: I got a huge blogcandy if you wanna join in! ♥ Tindaloo

MaxiBelle Studio said...

love the facial features of that adorable image. Thanks for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' challenge #44.
Alicia (Art by Miran DT)
MaxiBelle Studio

TRACEY MO said...

This is lovely so pretty!

Thanks for joining us at crafting with friends today

Tracey dt

Scrappy Scatty said...

Such a lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Graph'It Markers colouring challenge
xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card & such a cute image. Thank you for joining us as Cute as a button challenge Blog xx DT Sarahjayne xx