Saturday, November 21, 2015

Cute and Cuddly at Di's Digis

Well here we are again... another fortnight's FLOWN by and it's time for a new challenge at Di's Digis.  The theme this time around is Cute and Cuddly, too easy!!  
My hubby's cousin, the one we went to see recently in New Zealand, and his wife had no grandchildren until last week... and they have another TWO on the way due in two and four weeks, phew!  When I saw this cuter than cute image with three babies in the pram I knew it was PERFECT for a "Congratulations" card for them.  I am superstitious so it won't be getting sent until bubs number three has arrived, but I'm happy to share it here :-)
The oh-so-cute image is called Nursery Mice, you can get it here.  I coloured with Copics and just a touch of Prismacolor pencils, as usual, lol.  I inked the clouds in with some Kaiser ink and a homemade stencil... that smudge of golden yellow on the top right is the sun... it looks heaps better IRL, honest!
There's no glitter or gloss on the card at all... I wanted the gold detail on the paper (from Kaisercraft's Sweet Nothings collection) and matting to literally shine; and it fits better with the pastel tones I think (well it's pastel for ME, lol)  Baby one is a boy so I was happy to add the blue, Baby number three is a boy too... but I'm not sure if Baby #2 is a boy or a girl... if it turns out to be a girl I'll have to work some pink into the card somewhere
I'm really loving this cleaner look for my cards I've been favouring recently... actually it's feast or famine for me - CAS or the box cards I've got a couple of in my drafts - I don't think I've quite nailed the look I want yet, but I am getting closer :-))  
I used my Stitched Hills border dies again for the patterned paper and the gold foil "edge", the strip of cream ribbon with gold detail is from my stash, and the Congratulations is a Sizzix die
The sentiment on the inside is just something I made up on the computer, the couple involved have a great sense of humour, they'll "get it" 
Anyway that's it... another good thing about the CAS style; there's not a lot of detail to describe, lol.
Hope you get a chance to pop over to the challenge blog and check out the rest of the Cuteness... and a chance to join in the challenge too.  Great prize on offer as always, this time it's from Taylored Expressions... and as always if you use one of Di's images you go in an extra draw with an extra prize, woohoo!!
I WILL be back in a few days, I've still got (an ever increasing pile) stuff from last Christmas and before in my Drafts that I just HAVE to get out... and it's my son's birthday on Tuesday which means another card, another cake to add to those drafts - and my DIL's birthday in two weeks, ditto! 
In the meantime I'd like to enter THIS card in the following challenges: 
Southern Gals Challenge Use Patterned Paper
Corrosive Challenge Add a Sentiment (on the front)  
Through the Craftroom Door Anything Goes
Crafting With Attitude Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Anything Goes
Simply Papercrafts Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge Anything Goes
Art by Miran Anything Goes
Li'l Patch of Crafty Friends Anything Goes 
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

14 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful image and I love the shapes and design Ginny x

Kathy S said...

This is such a beautifully done card. Love the swooping element and the lovely pastel coloring. The golden paper is fabulous too. Thanks so much for entering this with us at Brown Sugar Challenges. Good Luck.

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our art by miran challenge
so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

Mari said...

Such a sweet image! Your card is very beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that paper is delish, love the golden accents. What a fabulous image and so perfect it sounds for your friends to celebrate their multiple blessings. Thanks for joining in the fun with the Southern Girls for our 'Patterned Paper' challenge. So glad you did. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at LPCF and good luck.
Rose DT x

Karen C said...

Oh my goodness! What an adorable image!! Cute card! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent! Just as an FYI – the new TCRD magazine was released earlier this month! Make sure you check it out!! Also, don’t miss out on the blog hops this month! So many great prizes
Hugs,
Karen C

MaxiBelle Studio said...

A very adorable scene you've created, very sweet & cute. Thanks for joining us for our 'Patterned Paper Mix Up' challenge #124.
Alicia (Southern Girls DT)
MaxiBelle Studio

Unknown said...

such a cute card, thanks for joining Craft Your Passion challenge this week, hope to see you again! :)

Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
www.artekatie.wordpress.com

memorial garden benches said...

What a sweet scene! I love the image. That's so cute!

Aurelia Aurora said...

Super cute card.. love your colouring on the image.. and also your layout.. Thank you for joining our 45th challenge at Artbymiran.. Hope to see you again at our next challenge.. And Good Luck at the draw *wink* :D

hugs,
~RoRa

Karen said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen DT

Karen Oliver said...

Oh my goodness this is just so adorable. I love all the Gold accents. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

There's a happy surprise for you over on the Southern Girls Challenge blog. Congratulations! Hugs, Wends x SGC DT