Monday, June 01, 2015

Fairy Wishes for Fiona

Time for another card to make its way out of my Drafts Folder.  It's not the oldest, but I just fancied showing this one today :-))  It's the card I made for my Sister Fiona's 60th Birthday in December, apologies in advance for the photo-heavy post!
Fiona loves Fairies, Butterflies and Purple... got it all IN SPADES on this card, lol.
I used the absolutely gorgeous "A Little Bit of Gossip" from Sugar Nellie... available as a digi here, and in rubber too. I coloured with Copics and Prismacolor pencils, adding gloss to the ladybird and LASHINGS of Ranger's Bridal Tinsel Embossing Powder to the wings.  
Creative Colours Challenge has this pic as it's inspiration this time around... perfect for my card methinks!!
When I made it, it was based on a sketch from Sketch Saturday, couldn't believe my luck when I checked out the blog today and see that the current challenge is to use any sketch # 215 to 362, I used sketch # 241, albeit flipped.
The papers I used came from Kaisercraft's Lilac Avenue pad, I cut all the circles using my Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles dies, the silver card for the matting was from my stash.  The white lace with silver thread came from my stash too, as did the letters that made up Fiona's name, the twine and the numbers (which are foam, covered with Silver Stickles)  
I used a Martha Stewart punch for the butterflies, and the coloured rhinestones on the Fairy's wings are from the days when we were involved in ballroom dancing... the kids used to scour the floor between events and I scored a zillion of different coloured Zwarowski stones, don't worry, I also bought my share!!
This card was also a gift card holder, so I added a pocket to the inside front with textured cardstock, added some lace and a Memory Box Vivienne Butterfly die with some not-Zwarowski (so not so shiny!) rhinestones as a body.  I added a voucher to my sister's favourite craft shop... she's a quilter, lives over 400 km away from Perth and there's a branch of this shop in the town nearest her, so it was a pretty good choice :-) 
Obviously (only because I ALWAYS do) I followed the same sketch  for the inside of the card, using more of the same papers and embellies.
The butterflies on the jotting panel are from the same Martha Stewart punch as the little ones on the front of the card.
Next time, or at least once I've learned how to do it quicker than just loading pics, I'll do a composite shot of the "extra" photos, in the meantime... sorry 'bout all the pics, I just was really happy with the finished product and wanted to "share"!
I'll be entering my card in all the challenges listed below,  

Creative Colors Challenge Colour Inspiration (see pic)

Sketch Saturday Any Sketch from 215 to 362

Pile It On Focus on Colouring

Top Tip Tuesday It's All About Hair

Papertake Weekly Product: Glitter

Clear It Out Theme: Girls Stash: Die Cuts and Punches


Seize the Birthday No topping


The Crazy Challenge Ribbon or Lace

Crafty Calendar Things With Wings


Great Impressions May: Celebrate Spring

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Use Patterned Paper
Catch the Bug  Recipe (Canister #3 = Image/Die Cut/Bling)

Sugar Bowl Challenges Anything Goes


Corrosive Challenge Anything Goes

Little Miss Muffet Anything Goes

Art by Miran Anything Goes

Simon Says Challenge Anything Goes

Tuesday Throwdown Anything Goes


That's it for this card, I'll be back in a few days, until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

26 comments:

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper May challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Jacee said...

Gorgeous design Donna, I love the colours, sweet image and lovely colouring, fabulous inside too!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Pat K said...

WOW...stunning card Donna. Your designs are always special but this time you've outdone yourself. A beautiful keepsake for your Sister. hugs, Pat k x

Virginia L. said...

Lovely details and elements! This is such a sweet design! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning image and card design Ginny x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and image! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. Lisa DT

Lisa Mensing said...

Gorgeous inside and out! Love the sparkle. Thanks for sharing at CIO Girlie Use Dies/Punches Challenge. Lisa DT

Mynn xx said...

This is SO pretty! I LOVE the gorgeous image, your beautiful coloring, and the lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love this gorgeously designed card and in purple too, one of my favourite colours.
Thanks for joining in the challenge at Top tip Tuesday this week.
Lorraine DT

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, Donna, what stunning card! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in our Creative Colors Challenge! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

Anni said...

Love that you added the name!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Anni

Debi said...

I bet Fiona loved receiving this gorgeous card. Love those glitter wings. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck.
Debi TT DT

Debi said...

Beautiful card. Love using the same sketch in and out. Fairy wings are fabulous with that EP. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck.
Debi TT DT

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What an absolutely lovely card! Your sister will have a wonderful card to keep forever! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
hugs!
Pam
TT DT

Di said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful!! I adore the image and of course all the purples are set of wonderfully by the embellishments - thank you for joining in the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge. Good luck!

Hugs

Di xx

OttawaMom said...

That image is adorable, beautifully coloured and framed! Beautiful card inside and out! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

suzanne2 said...

hi Donna, what a beautiful card and I love the colour combo. this happens to be one of my all time favourite stamps too and you have coloured her beautifully. thank you for joining us at the Sugar Bowl challenge.
hugs Suzanne xx

Danielle Vincent said...

oh WOW how beautiful. I can tell this was made with a lot of love and special attention! Love that darling image and her glittery wings are amazing! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week at Sketch Saturday!

Pillan said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
/Pillan, DT

María Pilar said...

Lovely and sweet card. Thanks for joining us at CCC. Good luck!!!!
Hugs
Maria Pilar (CCC DT)

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card!!! Lovely image and card design too. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Colors Challenge. Agnieszka DT

Debbie said...

Love your creation. Thanks for joining The Corrosive Challenge. I wish you the best of luck!

DebbieM

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

You're card is stunning. Wauw

Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

Hugs
Claudia
DT CCC

Bellibone said...

Beautiful card and I love your blog! Just became a new follower! Would love if you wanted to follow me as well :)

♥CharmingChicCards♥

Marjeta said...

Beautiful card in such lovely shades. Super image.

Marjeta

Annette said...

Wow, stunning colouring. Her face is amazing
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Lili of the Valley,
Without Words Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.