Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Another Draft-ee From Craft-Dee

Well I've managed to drag another card out of my drafts.  This one's a birthday card for our friend Dave... and as we celebrated his 52nd birthday in Feb, I'm guessing it's over a year old!!  Pretty "uncluttered", well it IS for a man, lol.  Arranging the letters for the sentiment took long enough, there wasn't much time for anything else anyway!
I used an image from Tiddly Inks... actually it's several images from the same set... "For the Birds" available here, I've flipped a couple and cropped some out of the group to add a bit of variety to the sizes and shapes of the birdies :-)  I added the letters by using Text Boxes in Microsoft Word and just rotating and moving them until they fit on the placards... I'm secretly very pleased with the result... but it was surprisingly time consuming!  As You Like It, for their current challenge, want to know if we like "lines" or "no lines" and why... I like "lines", especially for this sort of image; it adds to the 'cartoon' effect.
The background clouds paper is digital; from Passion Fruits Night and Day Skies collection, I love this set of papers!  It's printed on linen card, looks really nice IRL.  I coloured the chicks with Copics and Prismacolor pencils and added some shadows around them digitally... just by using the formatting options in Word, too easy!
The starry paper is from a Baby Boy pad i got in Spotlight and the blue and the yellow card for matting is Kaisercraft.  There are NO embellies on this card, not one!
I used the same font and papers on the inside of the card... the sentiment is an "in joke" as Dave is in IT and signed me up to Twitter on about Day 2 of its existence... I've made exactly zero tweets, but he's a major twitterer :-))  It looks like the centre panel is crooked, but it really wasn't, I dunno! 
Well that's it for my CraftDee Draftee.  I've listed the challenges I'm entering this card in... bit slack but there's only so much conversation you can have with such a simple card so it's the most efficient way of including them.
I'll be back on Saturday with a new card for my Di's Digis gig.  Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

Here's that list of challenges:
Mellow Yellow (Use yellow)
Hop Into Spring

Spring Colours
Stars
Use Patterned Paper
Happy Birthday
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
 Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Theme: Anything Goes Stash: Anything Goes

18 comments:

Jacee said...

Fabulous!!! a great idea, it looks wonderful!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Unknown said...

Very Cute card!!!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passions Challenge!!!
Hugs
Cristina

Unknown said...

Very cute card!!!Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passions Challenge!!!
Hugs
Cristina

Lorraine said...

A brilliant fun card, those little chicks are so cute.
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Brilliant I LOVE these little chicks so cute and LOVE that they all have letters tehhehhee, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

Thank you for taking part in our tiddly inks challenge,
I very much enjoyed looking at your card and all
the time and detail you put into it, good luck hugs tracy

Lin said...

This is wonderful, Donna! I love the way you personalized it, and it's worth all the time you took to bring it to life! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate our birthday at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Melissa said...

This card is really cute. Love it.
Thanks or joining us at Tiddly Inks Challenge.
Good Luck

JanR said...

Super cute! I'll bet your friend will love it! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

Pat K said...

Wow, so clever Donna. Love what you've done...fabulous card with a brilliant sentiment. hugs, Pat K x

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks for joining in on our April Anything Goes Challenge @ Catch the Bug! I love all of your projects and appreciate you taking the time to join us! I hope you will join us again very soon!

PaperDaisies said...

What a delightful image. Love how you have showcased it. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

Unknown said...

so cute :))) thanks for joining #256 challenge with Craft Your Passion Challenge Blog, hope to see you this week again! :)

Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
www.artekatie.wordpress.com

Deonna B said...

This is a Awesome Card! Dave will love it! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com This week! I hope that you come again and play in the new challenge starting tomorrow.

Annette said...

Hehehehe, Love those birds!
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Lili of the Valley,
Without Words Challenge
As You Like It Challenge, and
Tiddly Inks

Sol said...

ha ha ha.. How Cool.. That was really difficult to read.. my eyes was crossing!! :o) Made me smile!!
Thank you for joining our Star Challenge at ATSC!! Hugs Sol

Melanie said...

A wonderful Birthday Card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x