Sunday, January 04, 2015

S'Winter

Firstly.. Happy New Year!!  I hope that 2015 brings all that you wish for.
My darling little grandson doesn't say much (his darling twin sister says plenty for both of them, lol) he's been desperate to get in our pool - pressing his face up against the glass fence saying "pool" over and over... when we finally went in the pool a few weeks ago the water hadn't had time to heat up that much and a soft breeze was blowing, it was cool.  He got in as fast as he could and INSTANTLY said "s'cold"... over and over, til we got him out and dried off!!  It was funny, but I guess you had to be there :-)) 
Anyway, I was thinking about this when the challenge starting today at Di's Digis Challenge Blog came up... the theme is simply "Winter", and I thought "s'cold".  The thing is we don't really "do" winters here, they're very mild, but for some reason it's still acceptable to use snowy winter scenes on our Christmas cards (though Christmas falls in Summer, when s'hot, lol)  So for my "winter" card I've made a "Christmas" card with a winter scene on it.

The image I've used is Warm Hooliday Wishes available here.  I've coloured with Copics, adding lashings of Bridal Tinsel EP to the snow... not that it shows - at ALL!  Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge has Birds as their challenge theme, owls are definitely birds :-))
I've used papers from Kaisercraft's December 25th pad and matted with green card from my stash.  I embossed white paper with the EP before cutting out the Joy Craft Noor Design Snowflake, the centre embellie is adhesive, it's from my stash too.  The holly is cut with a Cottage Cutz die I bought for Christmas 2013... this is the first time I've used it, Sweet  Stampin', want to see "new"... this is new even though I've had it a year, so I'm in!  The red pearl holly berries are from my stash as well - yeehaw, I've made a TINY dent in my stash, lol
I used the sketch from the Digi Sketch Challenge, they have the optional theme of "snowflakes" so I have that covered too :-)
I followed the sketch for the inside of the card too... more or less... adding a tiny computer generated sentiment to the centre of the Marianne Design snowflake (again it's very glttery with Bridal Tinsel EP, again you can't see it, lol) cut with one of the smallest of my LifestyleCrafts Nesting Circle Dies, I added some red gel pen dots to  add some detail....that's it!
One of the reasons I decided to make a Christmas card is that I ended up running out of time this year... as in last year, as in 2014 (!)... and had to resort to sending some "bought" cards, and more embarrassingly, as she knows I make cards, giving a bought card to my neighbour of 20+ years - I am determined not to have that happen again, so my stash is commenced, lol.
That's it for today, hope you get a chance to enter the challenge, there's a great prize on offer from Magnolia-licious, and an extra prize if you use one of Di's fab images too.  Pop over to the challenge blog and check out the rest of the team's inspiration...  s'cool :-)) 
I'd like to enter my card in these challenges as well, as those already listed - Through the Craftroom DoorCrafty Hazlenuts Christmas ChallengeArt by Miran,  Pile It OnPapertake WeeklyDivas by DesignSimon Says ChallengeThat Craft PlaceSparkles Monthly ChallengeThe Crazy Challenge and Addicted to  Stamps; they're all Anything Goes type themes
I hope to be back in a few days, we are still in holiday mode though, so I'm afraid if it comes down to doing some craft or going out to lunch, gold class movies (you know with recliner seats and wine!), having a massage and doing some clothes shopping with hubby (never a happy captive, but very compliant on this occassion) like yesterday or spending a glorious (30 degrees, soft breeze) day at the fabulous Perth Zoo with both our sons, our DIL and the twinnies including delish lunch, like we did today, then.... I'm outta here, I'll craft later babes
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

13 comments:

Jacee said...

How adorable Donna, what a lovely sweet image!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sue said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year Donna. Thank you for making me smile with your story about your adorable Grandson!
Your card is gorgeous, I love the sweet image, stunning colouring and beautiful papers too.
Sue xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Donna :-) the owls are so cute and the papers and details are fab, love the holly :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card outside and in Ginny x

Di said...

Happy New year Donna!! have a lovely sunny winter in your pool with your grandson soooo jealous!!!
Love your card!!
Thankyou
Hugs Di xx

AndreaNorris said...

Love the image you've used it's so cute and the colours you've picked. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD
Andrea x

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. It is perfect for our 22nd ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

You have made a really festive project for our month-long challenge at Pile It On, love this sweet stamp and your amazing coloring. Thank you for joining us and don't forget to check on Wednesday who's the winner. Good luck and best wishes for the new year!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Hazel said...

Delightful image. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 210 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too. x

Vesi said...

Wow, this owls is so sweet. I like it. Thanks for joining with us at ArtBymiranchallenge. Good Luck
Vesi - DT

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

cute card hun, love the image!
hugs shell xx

Helen said...

So sweet. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our 4th Anniversary Anything Goes Challenge. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Hugs Helen P (DT) x

Suzy Boot said...

I love this card soooo much. Owls are one of my favourites.
Thanks for joining in with Sparkles this month.
Suzy DT xx