Monday, November 24, 2014

For the Kids

I am so late with this post, I swear my time management skills are getting worse... or maybe I just have more and more to do?!  Either way, this should have been posted yesterday when the new challenge started over at Di's Digis with the theme "For the Kids", where we'd like to see a card with an image of a child or children, or a card or project for a child or children.
I have been spending a lot of time making a cake for MY child... it is Chris's 30th birthday tomorrow... and he's my BABY!... he had a party yesterday with a circus/carnival theme so I've been caking it up for days!!
Here's my card for the challenge
I've used one of Di's newer images, she's been drawing up some real cuties recently... you can get this one, "A Little Something" from here.  I coloured with Copics, adding some detail with Prismacolor pencils and some Ice Blue Stickles to the ribbon.
I followed the sketch from Digi Sketch challenge, though my image does take up a bit more of the space than on the sketch!  The papers are Kaisercraft and from my stash.  I added sparkly blue star brads, some blue gel pen "faux" stitching and a metal self adhesive "wish" sentiment I've had in my stash forever!  That's it!
I used the same sketch for the inside of the card, of course, it's what i do, lol
I'd like to enter the following challenges: 
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Theme & Stash: Anything Goes
Happy Birthday
Furry Friends
You're a Gem (Add Bling)
Digi Sketch Challenge
Sketch or Food
Use Patterned Paper
Anything Goes Birthday

I hope you get a chance to check out the rest of the Design Team Inspiration, and have a go at the challenge.  There's an awesome prize as always, and an extra draw if you use one of Di's cuties
I have to make Chris's birthday card tomorrow, nothing like last minute!  I'll post a picture of his cake when I put up his card
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

16 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card design and image Ginny x

Jane Savage said...

That is the sweetest image! I love your layout and gorgeous colouring!
Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Jane xxx

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely precious, Donna! Great job on that sketch. Thanks so much for entering our "Anything Goes" challenge at Through the Craft Room Door this week.. I hope we see you playing along again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Sharyn Polesel said...

Sweet images and pretty colors! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card, the image is so sweet and I love the design.
I hope you all have a fabulous day tomorrow, and happy birthday wishes to your Son.
Lorraine x

Ginny said...

fab card. thanks for joining us at f'n'f :)

Lynn's Place said...

Great take on our challenge here @ CIO Challenge blog...stop by and play with us again <((><

Jacee said...

What a fantastic card, I love your image, lovely work!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Lillian A said...

Aw, how cute is this, Donna! Yes, Di's Digis has a great selection of cutie patooties and this one is no exception. I saw your card on SAS4Kids and had to get a closer look at it. Great card!

Pat K said...

What an adorable card Donna. Love the design and lovely colours. Can't wait to see the cake:) hugs, Pat K x

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Love colours. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

paper fun said...

Really sweet and adorable. Your coloring is fantastic. Awesome use of the sketch. I like that you used the sketch on the inside as well.

Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

Mari

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

Helen x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really cute image, love the colours & papers
Hugs Shell xx

Mynn xx said...

This is just too darling! LOVE the sweet image and your fabulous coloring! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Donna. Great colouring and lovely layout. thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids.