Monday, January 13, 2014

Another Pink Card

I don't "do" a lot of pink cards, to be fair my spot on the Here Comes the Boys challenge DT did tip the scale into the non-pink sector, but with HCTB sadly on a break (hopefully when the lovely Woo's life is back to something resembling normal it will return) I'm getting into the softer side of crafting... that and I needed a card for my nephew's partner's baby shower, and she was having a girl (Kaitlin has been born now, another pink card to follow later, lol)
 I used the gorgeous Baby Shower image from Mo Manning, perfect for the occasion.  Fortunately for me Mo's Digital Challenge this time around is Flowers, so I'm entering.  I coloured with Copics and Prismacolor pencils, adding a layer of Viva Pearl pen to the umbrella, it looks patchy in the pic but perfectly fine IRL, go figure. Moving Along With The Times and Corrosive Challenge have New Beginnings for their challenge and Gem of a ChallengeHobbycutz and Great Impressions have Something New - this is for a new little life and the image I've used is new too (well new to me!), so I'm entering there.
The papers are digis from Nitwits' Stuffed Love collection, the pink and Kraft are from my stash, Crafty Little Fairies want to see Kraft and Delightful Challenges Patterned Paper, so I'm entering there. I used Nestabilities Standard Circles for the image and jotting panels, matting on a Lacey Circles Nestie,  I used one of the border punches my folks brought back from Malaysia for the horizontal strip, Craft Your Passion have a Fancy Borders challenge, and the ribbon (and bow) is from my stash; Stamping Sensations have a Ribbon, Buttons and Bows challenge... I'm in!  Winter Wonderland have a Monochrome theme, and for the first couple of weeks of the year it's not necessary to have a Christmas project, I hope this is Monochrome enough as I've entered the challenge.
The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch, I made a "shadow" butterfly with Kraft to give it more dimension.  The umbrella and clouds are Memory Box dies, I added Stickles to the clouds to lift them a little, adding the same to the butterfly and the image to tie it in.  
The flowers are from my stash, I coloured cream pearls with Copics for the centres.  Cupcake Inspirations have this fabby sparkly pink creation as their inspiration this time around so I'm entering there, Fab'n'funky ChallengesDivas by DesignCrafty Calendar, and A Little Bit Crafty all have Let's Celebrate challenges while Colour Me CopicCreative Craft ChallengesStampin' for the WeekendThrough the Craftroom Door and Papertake Weekly all have Anything Goes challenges so I'm entering there too.
That's it for today, we've started back to work today so I'm off to see what horrors await me in the office (I have hardly even looked at it for three weeks, I only found an overdue phone bill by accident when I checked the business email to make sure today's job hadn't been cancelled (wishful thinking, lol)  At least it's only low thirties today, Saturday was a record high for January... 43.3C (110F) that's HOT!  We had a record high minimum on Saturday night too; it was 31C or 85F, they're not all time records, of course, as February is our hottest month, but those temps are up there for sure, and we're very glad of our air con.  It looks like we'll be putting another pool in too, we took the one we had out seven years ago and I've missed it; now we have grandchildren it seems more justified putting one back in  It is a messy business though, so I have to steel myself, it really is a case of the Doctor becoming a Patient as we put five pools a week in for other people and pretty much expect them to "suck it up"
Anyway I'll be back in a few days, until then Happy Crafting, Donna

30 comments:

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card inside and out Donna! I love that image and you have colored it so nicely. Love the DP and all your fabulous embellishments. Your blog is very lovely as well.

I am your newest follower and would love for you to follow my blog as well. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous hun, love the layout, papers & the added embellishments are just perfect!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Squirrel x said...

This is absolutely gorgeous hun, and I love how you have used the kraft in your make. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Little Fairies this week. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Sally H said...

Hi Donna,
It is a gorgeous baby card, but I can't see a link in your post to stamping sensations. If you could pop one in I'll pop back later and leave a proper comment

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is so beautiful love the dies and papers Ginny♥

carsondcat said...

Gorgeous card and so much detail.. How on earth do you manage to link in to so many challenges, I have a hard enough time managing one card per challenge lols…

brenda said...

What a sweet and delicately coloured card Donna.

Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Me again Donna, just noticed we are not mentioned in your challenge list, would hate for you to miss out on the chance of the prize.

B x

Sparkly Engineer said...

Your coloring on this is beautiful. I also like your design and embellies.

Mary Anne, Great Impression DT

lis-m said...

So many adorable Mo images.. and this is another one!!
thanks for joining us @ DP2 Challenge for "Use Flowers ". Good luck!

Anne Fenton said...

This is such a sweet baby card. thank you for joining/ttcrd this week.

Debs said...

Stunning card Donna - adorable image so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for playing along with The Divas this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Judith said...

This is so pretty and beautifully coloured -Thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week hugs Judith x

Chris Hanselman said...

Darling image. Cute papers. Thanks for joining our Patterned Paper Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

~~Chris
Design Team
Delightful Challenge

Indy's Designs said...

This is a beautiful girl's card! I am so glad you were inspired by this week's theme--SPARKLE--at Cupcake Inspiration.
Hugs, Debbie!

Mau xx said...

Such a sweet card Donna, Love this sweet image and you coloured her beautifully. Pretty papers too ...inside and out Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge.
Hugs Mau xx

Zippy said...

Gorgeous card and lovely colours. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Little Fairies xxx

Mynn xx said...

Oh my gosh, this is just darling! Such a sweet image and fabulous coloring! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :) HUGS and have a great week! Mynn xx

Debbie said...

So sweet, love the inside too, beautifully done. Good luck in The Corrosive Challenge!
DebbieM TCC DT

Nance said...

So so adorable card! I just love that sweet baby image! And the parasol inside (swoon)! Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations, Sparkle theme!

Nance, DT
soulstampin.blogspot.com

Alycia said...

This could not be any cuter!! I am adoring that image. And your attention to the detail on the inside is just a gorgeous as the front. :) Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Creations. -Alycia

Carole said...

Super card , thanks for playing along with us @ MAWTT this week.
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Vicky said...

This is sooooooooo pretty inside & out & I adore the image & your fabulous colouring.
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Little Fairies, hope to see you again soon hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous I like the design and the colours, Thanks for playing along with us at Gem of a challenge and Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

This is absolutely darling!!

pinky said...

This is perfectly sweet Donna, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Francesca said...

such a pretty card, i love the image , Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations

Francesca x

Sally H said...

A gorgeous baby card! A fabulous entry for our ribbons buttons and bows challenge at Stamping Sensations this month. Good luck!

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining in our "Let's Celebrate" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x