Sunday, December 01, 2013

Sympathy for Sid

Today I have a card that I made for my Aunty Ellen;  Sadly, my Uncle Sid lost his battle to cancer in September, Sympathy cards are always a little difficult - especially for a man - and as my Mum asked me to make one for her as well, I had twice the difficulty.  Anyway this is the card from us
 I relied on the sentiment (which I made on the computer - feel free to grab it here - open it before Saving to make sure you get a better resolution - or from my Freebies page if you like it) to "make" this card, and the lovely paper - which is flocked with silver embossing - from my go to store for specialty paper Starfish Lane.
The sentiment panel was cut using Nestabilities Classic Ovals, as was the brown mat, the silver mat is Nestabilities Floral Ovals.  I used the Lavish Branch die from Memory Box (cut up) for the embellishment, adding some tiny silver pearls from my stash and some faux stitching done in silver pen.  Delightful Challenges have a Favourite Things challenge, I love die cuts, and my Floral Ovals are one of my favourite Nesties sets, and any Memory Box die is a Favourite!
The inside of the card followed the same layout as the front.  All in all a very simple card, always the best for the occasion IMHO.
I thought I'd enter the Aud Sentiments challenge, where you can use any sentiment and Bearly Mine ChallengesThrough the Craftroom DoorSimon Says ChallengeCute Card ThursdayHobbycutz and Cards for Men which all have Anything Goes challenges running.
I'll be back tomorrow with my DT project for Here Come The Boys.... how quickly these fortnights come around - especially at this time of the year!
I thought I'd pop a picture of the twins on, just to lighten the mood - we babysat them the other day, so I took the opportunity to get some photos even though they weren't all scrubbed up after dinner; which my son pointed out as soon as he came to pick them up! I still think they're cute pictures, but then I would, lol  Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday blog loves to see what we've been up to (and gives us nosey peeps the opportunity to see what others have been up to, lol) so I'm sharing my babysitting pic there... trust me there isn't much time to do anything else when you're watching eight month old twins at dinner/bath/bed time :-)

 I'll put some more pics on tomorrow's post,Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

7 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Sorry to hear about your Uncle Donna, very beautiful card hun. Aww! adorable photo of the twins.

Donna x

Sandra said...

What a adorable photo Donna!
The twins look like "cuddle me"!!
Oh, and I love also your card :-)
Beautiful paper and sentiment!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

Pat K said...

Hi Donna, sorry to hear about your Uncle. You've made a wonderful card and tfs the lovely sentiment.

The twins are gorgeous...and getting so big!

Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men. Pat K x

Jules said...

Just beautiful, sometimes the simple cards are the best cards. Thank you for joining us at BMD. Good Luck xoxoxox

Sassy Cheryl said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. This is super elegant card. It's just lovely!!
And the photo of the little ones. . . .They are simply precious.
Thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday fun!!

Michelle B. said...

Lovely card, very touching. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men!

Billie A said...

lovely card and wonderful sentiment. I love the way you framed the sentiment and your colors. Awesome work. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.