Saturday, April 13, 2013

It's All About The Bears

New challenge starting today over at Di's Digis Challenge blog... and it's All About The Bears.  Di has so many fabulous bear images I thought I'd take the opportunity to make a start on my Christmas cards
The image is called Santa's Long List, it and sooo many more can be found on Di's new website Di's Digi Stamps.  Moving Along With The Times wants to know what Film or Song inspired our creation; Santa Claus is Coming to Town was mine "he's making a list, he's checking it twice...." Ready Teddy Go has an Anything Goes challenge so I'm entering there, That Craft Place has animals, so in there too and The 2 Sisters Challenge is to have a hat in the image, which I have, so I'm in there as well.
Creatalicious Challenges have two challenges running - one on the 1st, one on the 15th; the "Challenge -the 1st" is a colour challenge; this is the palette this month, so I've entered there.
I've coloured the image with Copics, I try to get the furry look by stippling the lighter colour on instead of "stroking" - not sure if it looks like fur or like my marker was running out :P  Christmas Stampin' All Year Long has "Santa's Coat" for its' challenge theme so I'm entering there and Colour Me Copic wants us to use red (the hardest of the Copics, methinks!) so I'm in there too. 
The papers are Kaisercraft, December 25th pad, and Dear Santa pad  (I think), the Kraft card is from my stash.  Totally Papercrafts has Let's Get Krafty, which I have so I'm in there as well :)
I cut and embossed the image panel with Nestabiities Labels one, then cut around it in kraft for the mat.  The sentiment is one of the Mini Messages from Craftworks Cards, the Card Candi is from there to.  The Gold mesh ribbon is from my stash.
I followed the sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp this time around, for the inside too.  I cut the jotting panel with Nestabilities Decorative Labels One.
Bearly Mine Challenges and Catch the Bug both have Anything Goes themes so I'm entering there and Stamping Sensations has Special Occasions other than Birthdays so I'm entering there too.
That's it for today's card, very much about the image on this one, I loved colouring it, it's so sweet! Do pop over to the challenge and see what my teamies have been up to, I hope you'll join in - we have a great prize from MarkerPop and even if you don't win, you can get a discount at the store for the duration of the challenge using the code MPDDDC041313
It's my hubby's birthday today - he's 59, I can't believe it, I've known him since he was 20; where did the time go :-o  My mum and dad, my sister, my youngest son and my eldest son, daughter in law and the twins are coming over for dinner to help celebrate... it will be the first outing for the twins so we'll see how that goes (we've invited them for six o'clock but don't anticipate being ready for dinner until seven o'clock - I remember how much time it took to get ONE baby ready in those early days ;)
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

25 comments:

Sue said...

So gorgeous Donna. That image is adorable and coloured so beautifully. I love the papers and the layout.
Happy Birthday to your hubby. I hope you enjoy the family celebrations.
Sue xx

Fabiola said...

thanks to play with us at CSAYL, so nice and cute card, lovely scène, hope to see you next time, biz

Min said...

Just Fabulous! We’re so glad you played along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
We hope you join us again this week for the Bugaboo “Theme” challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Donna, love your cute bear.
Happy Birthday to your hubby, hope you all have a great day.
Wendy xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Donna. The bear is so sweet and I love the colours and design.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous and very cute hun...:o)

have a lovely weekend...biggest of hugs Vicky xx

pinky said...

Lovely Christmas card, beautifully coloured too. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Donna, love the gorgeous image and design.

Donna x

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! This image is adorable and your coloring is fabulous. Love the papers you chose and your layout. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Debby Kuster said...

cute little Christmas bear
love the card
thanks for playing allog at csayl

hugs Debby

Sam said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp x

Pat K said...

I love this card. Great design and fabulous colouring. hugs, Pat K x

Debs M said...

love that ted - beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us for our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go! Hope to see you again soon x
Debbie Dt

Dawn said...

How cute is that teddy?! And beautifully coloured - the fur looks fantastic. Beautiful, elegant traditional colours and papers and I love the design.

Happy b-day to your hubby!

Hugs, Dawn

Janice said...

A lovely warm and cuddly Christmas card. Brilliant design and colouring and perfect for our challenge at MAWTT, good luck, Jx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation hun, love the layout & your colouring is fab!
Hugs Shell xx

Di said...

Hi Donna
Gorgeous ccard as usual!! love it your colouring is just fabulous, thankyou, oh and happy birthday to your hubby!
Hugs Di xxx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Donna - adorable imnge and fabulous LO.
Thanks for playing along at TPC this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oh my, this is cute, cute, cute!!! Just a darling image perfect for the CSAYL challenge - thanks for joining in the fun with us!!!

Francesca said...

Fabulous creation
thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

Hugs
Francesca

Teresa said...

Love this one too. xxx

Shelby Goolsby said...

Donna this is so sweet!! I love the design and beautiful way you have colored him. I hope you husband had a wonderful birthday.

PaperDaisies said...

What a great image. You have showcased it beautifully. Love the glow of the candle. Thank you for joining us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

Deanette said...

Cute, cute, cute card Donna!

{ Scrappiness } said...

Hi Donna!! You won the prize at Creatalicious, congrats!! Please e-mail me so I can send your prize!!
Kisses,
Vanessa