Sunday, January 13, 2013

May I Have This Dance for the Rest of My Life

Today I have a card I made before Christmas, I knew I'd be busy renovating now so I "saved" a few cards to blog.  This one's a wedding card;  My Mum and Dad were invited to our local pharmacist's wedding - this sort of thing happens a lot with my Mum and Dad, I think it's that they're so friendly ;-) 
The Pink Elephant has Celebrate as their challenge theme; One Stop Craft ChallengeCreative Craft ChallengesJoanna Sheen and Digital Tuesday all have New Beginnings as their challenge theme, my card celebrates a young couple beginning their life together so I'm in :-)
The image is a freebie from Papercraft Inspirations, I altered it a little - removing some detail - as I wanted a crisper look.  I coloured with Copics and Prismacolor pencils, the dress has far more shading on it than it looks in the pic.  Colour Me Copic has Pastel Colours, so I'm entering there.  I added Diamond Stickles to the bodice and edges of the gown.  
The quilted background paper came from Starfish Lane, the patterned paper is from Papermania (I think).  
I cut the pink mat with Nestabilities Floral Ovals, I just got this die and I love it! Allsorts Challenges Dies and Punches for their challenge, so I'm entering there  Crafty Creations and Papertake Weekly have Something New (which my dies are) so I'm entering there too.
The ribbon is from my stash, as are the glittery flourishes - they're self adhesive and I'm finding them quite useful.  I used miniature roses from Mulberry Crafts and the pink resin blossoms I got at our annual craft show in Perth... I planned to make one of the projects they had on display, but I've cannibalised my collection to use on cards to such an extent that I don't have enough left!  The Paper Shelter Flower Extravaganza (use three or more Flowers) so I'm in!
I used more of the papers from the front on the inside of the card, the card was doing double duty as a holder for the gift card that was my parent's wedding gift so I finished the edge of the pocket with Martha Stewart's Lace Heart Punch and some ribbon.  The jotting panel is cut with a Standard Oval nestie, the sentiment is from Kaisercraft. 



Divas by DesignPaper Crafting JourneyStampin' for the Weekend and Stamping With The Dragon all have Anything Goes challenges so I'll be entering those.
That's it for today's card, I'm missing my craft room already (it's only been one day, lol)  The tiler started at 7am today (yup, Sunday) and he started in my room, it's looking good already :-) I won't be getting back in there until next weekend at the earliest; the tiler finishes (all the tiling, not just my room, lol) on Thursday but we've decided to get the ceilings painted before we put all the furniture back, I might try to get the walls in my craft room painted too as it will be really hard to squeeze between my wall units and the end wall once they're in... though I have to sand and varnish the skirting boards first so I'm not sure I can delay my re-habitation for that long, lol 
I'll be back in a day or so, until then Happy Crafting - you lucky usable-craft-space owners you :-) Donna

18 comments:

Rach83 said...

This is beautiful, Donna. I love the soft colours and wonderful image. The attention to detail really makes this a stunning card.

Rachel x

Sandra said...

This is gorgeous. Loving that quilted paper.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft Challenges

SandraT xxx

Tracey T said...

This is gorgeous,a perfect wedding card. Love, love, love the quilted DP! Hugs, Tracey x

Vicky said...

Simply beautiful Donna...and I hope you are keeping cool...it's freezing here at the mo...lol..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Wendy L said...

A beautiful wedding card, the layout is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxx

Francesca said...

Very, very Beautiful . thanks for joining us at One stop craft this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Donna, love the gorgeous image and the papers & details are so pretty.

Donna x

Sue said...

WOW!!! This is stunning Donna. I love the romantic image and elegant design.
Hugs Sue

Julie said...

This really is lovely!!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' For the Weekend for our Anything Goes Challenge!

Hugs

Julie xx

Pat K said...

Beautiful wedding card Donna, inside and out. Love that you've used the oval on a square card. I'm always inspired by your work. hugs, Pat k.x

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A stunning wedding card. I love the beautiful image in that gorgeous oval and the glittered flourishes.

Thanks for joining us this week at the One Stop Crafts Challenge.

Sarahx

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning! Great card Donna. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Jacqueline Smith said...

Wow what a fabulous card, love the coloring and all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

Jayne A said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us as Divas this time.
Hugs
jayne

Kim said...

Gorgeous, elegant! So glad you joined us at CMC!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this is so elegant, the soft colours are perfect!
Hugs Shell xx

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet image, beautifully coloured and created, Thanks so much for joining in the pastels challenge at CMC this time
Hugs Julie P

Leslie said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing with us in the Paper Crafting Journey Anything Goes Challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, DT
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com