Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Does it Swing or Flip Flop?

The card I have to show today is the first Swing or "Flip Flop" card I've ever made... once I got the dimensions right it was really easy to do... taking photos of the way it works (for the uninitiated) was way more of a challenge - these things are harder to photograph than easel cards!  This one is going to my Mother in Law who's in England on holiday at the moment... she's celebrates her 84th birthday on Saturday... Happy Birthday Norma! 
I used this great tutorial I found on Splitcoast Stampers as starting point, it's always a great source of information and inspiration!
I've used a couple of images from the Louie collection from Digistamp Boutique, they are Louie with Cupcake on the front and Louie with Present on the back... or is that the inside?... well the OTHER side anyway, lol.  Here are some photos of the card "swinging" from one side to the other... or is that "flip flopping", lol, it does sit a little "flatter" than in the last pic, but I liked how the light was bouncing off Louie's nose in this photo, so I decided to use it :-)
The papers are from Kaisercrafts Hippy Girl collection, the sentiment is from Craftworks Cards.  I've coloured the images with Prismacolor pencils, adding some Stickles and Gloss accents and gel pen faux stitiching.  I wrote my MIL's name on the gift tag with pencil... should have used a fineliner, too late!  The pearls are from my stash. I've popped the Louie on the inside (?) up with foam dots... he sits on the rear of the card when it is shut, so not a problem, but I suppose you have to think about where you place any 3D embellies.
I'm entering Digistamp Boutique monthly challenge; all you have to do is use a Digistamp Boutique image... I've used two (I'll only enter once though, lol).  Totally Papercrafts want us to use a digi... just about the easiest of challenges for me ... I LOVE digis! 
Craft Your Days Away and Crafts 4 Eternity both want to see our Teddy Bear images, so I'm in and Moving Along With The Times has Happy Birthday so I'm in there as well.
Oozak and Bizzy Becs both want to see nothing but Bright Colours for their current challenges, nothing but bright colours here, I'm in!  Sassy Cheryls Tuesday ChallengePapertake Weekly and Charisma Cardz all have Anything Goes challenges so I'm entering those too.
That's it for today's card, I have another couple of little images coloured up that I think will sit perfectly on a swing card like this one, and as they've been coloured for OVER A YEAR (they're coloured with "normal" pencils as they were done before I even owned a Prismacolor!) I think they deserve to make it to a card soon, lol.
I'll be back in a day or so, quite possibly with a card with an unusual fold (found so many ideas when I was trawling the net the other night....mmmm) until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

17 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Your card is so cute Donna! love that cute teddy....

Allison said...

such a pretty card
thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

pinky said...

Perfectly adorable. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

debby4000 said...

Wonderful sweet, clever card Donna, love the cute bear.
luv
Debby

Joey said...

OH OH OH OOOOOOOH I love this, what a neat fold! gorgeous work hunny. Joey x

Sassy Cheryl said...

WOW!!!!!!! I don't know if I've seen one of these flip-flop cards before. It's not only creative and fun it's gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

Sue said...

Stunning card, really love the design and the images are adorable

Sue

michele said...

Fabulous card Donna! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Jacqui P said...

wow this is simply amazing!! your colouring is perfect!! and I think this is such a clever card! I love everything about it!!
Thankyou for joining the fun this time over at Craft your days away challenge
hugs
Jacqui P x

paper fun said...

Lovely flip window card!!! So fun and cute.

Thanks for joining in our Teddy Bear challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

ahlers5 said...

This is really lovely. I love the fold. I'll have to try that. Thanks so much for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
Diane

Teresa said...

Brilliant card Donna, you've done a great job of this I think the middle would just fall out if I tried lol.
hugs Teresa xx

Ann English said...

What a cute card! I love the design.
So glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

Pat said...

what a cute card! Such an adorable image...and I love the card design! So glad you've joined us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Pat said...

what a cute card! Such an adorable image...and I love the card design! So glad you've joined us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Unknown said...

Very sweet card and so well done! Love your cute bear! Thanks for playing at Oozak.com

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow...amazing! The colours and style are stunning Donna...thanks for joining in with our competition at DigiStamp Boutique...Sally-Ann :o)