Sunday, May 20, 2012

Grow a Little Love

Another "Mother's Day" type of card today, I was going to give this card to my Mother-in-Law for Mother's day... but actually couldn't find the image after I'd coloured it, so made her another instead!  While looking for yet another image that I've coloured (for a baby card) I found this little beauty again, so I've used it - makes it much harder to lose, lol.
 The image is Wrynn - Grow a Little Love from Tiddly Inks, there's some gorgeous images coming out of Tiddly Inks right now... Wrynn's definitely one of them :-)  Moving Along With The Times has Keep It Real (no fantasy images) as their theme so I'm entering there, the Tiddly Tuesdays challenge theme is Mom (or a feminine card) so I'm entering there, and Deep Ocean Challenge What a Wonderful Woman, so I'm entering there too.  The Secret Crafter has In the Garden, I think this image is a great garden reference, so I'm entering there too. 
There's a great sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday - there often is :-) they have a Photo as colour inspiration too, using it is optional, but it's so lovely, why wouldn't you?
I've coloured my image with Prismacolor pencils, I think I'm improving - I'm certainly trying to improve! I still use Copics for skintones, I love the smooth finish and haven't mastered it with pencils yet. The papers are from Kaisercrafts Magic Happens pad and Lilac Avenue pad, the cardstock for matting is from American Crafts.
The horizontal strip has been cut with one of my new purchases... Spellbinder Edgeabilities  (from here), actually it's two of them; the edge is cut with Classic Scallop die and the pattern inside is cut with one of the Classic Ric Rac dies. Bearly Mine Challenges has Dies as their challenge theme, so I'm entering there.
The ribbon is from my stash, as are the buttons and pearls.  Allsorts Challenges has Buttons and Bows as their theme, tick tick I'm in, Waste Not Wednesdays challenge is to use Stash - never really a challenge, lol,  so in there too.  Crafty Sentiments has a Bingo challenge, I've "used" two different lines; Patterned Paper/ Coloured Image/Punches or Die Cuts or Buttons/Coloured Image/Pearls or Gems.
I added some faux stitching around the image and the jotting panel on the inside.  I was going to crank out my new portable sewing machine, but I had the perfect gel pen colour, so I reverted to the faux stitching I'm so much more comfortable with, lol.  Colour Me Copic (where they generously let you use pencils as well as alcohol markers) has an Anything Goes challenge, so I'm in.
Well that's it for today's card, I was hoping to get another card made yesterday for posting in the week, but we went to "the" Air Show (hubby is a huge fan, his Dad was in the Royal Air Force for 19 years - being posted in Germany for several years, which is why my hubby was born in Germany but is a British Subject - actually he's an Australian now, lol) and it took more of the day than I thought.... plus FOUR hours to get home; three and a half of those were spent in the carpark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Suffice to say that knowing I was missing out on craft time did not help my mood any more than not having anything to eat or drink (the air force did hand out water, after about three hours) luckily we were with good friends so we passed the time okay :-)  I'll be back in a few days, until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

29 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card with a beautiful colour and image!
Thanks for using buttons and bows for Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Rach83 said...

Such a lovely card, Donna. Great attention to detail and your inside is gorgeous too.

Rachel x

Unknown said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Mau xx said...

This is Gorgeous Donna, your colouring is beautiful and I love all the layering...stunning!!
Thanks for taking part in the MAWTT challenge.
Hugs Mau xx

Loopylou. said...

wow that is gorgeous, I love all the layers.
thank you so much for popping and sharing it with the tiddly inkers
hugs Lou xxx

Laura Bradley said...

This is really pretty! I love the Wryn images from Tiddly Inks, some of my faves! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine. Laura x

Linda Anderson said...

EEEK, would you look at that cutie of a card!!!! Love your coloring of that sweet image! Great colors too. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

downrightcrafty said...

oh totally gorgeous image fabulous colouring and beautiful layout
Hugs Kate xx

ps thank you so much for your suggestion on the camera issue, will get my book out and check how to change this............fingers crossed :)

Wishcraft said...

Aww super sweet card Donna! Love the pretty papers and fab image - beautifully coloured too! Thanks for joining in with my WNW challenge hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

rachel said...

this is soooo pretty - what a fabulous image and the layout is just gorgeous! Hugs Rachel xx

Lisa Jane said...

This is so pretty - you have coloured the image beautifully
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Lisa x

Heide said...

Fantastic card...I love that you used the color challenge too. Such a darling image too. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

mulberry station said...

Donna, your card is stunning. I love every little detail. beautiful job coloring. I just want tot keep looking at it. Beautiful work.
Nancy SSW-DT

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous Donna...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Gem said...

this is such a pretty creation, I love Wryn :) Thanks for joining in at Crafty Sentiments for our Bingo challenge this week! Gemma :)

Jeannie said...

She is so amazingly sweet and you did such a great job with the sketch and the color challenge too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Donna, love the cute image and gorgeous colourings, love the papers and the ribbon, so pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pami said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and my favourite colours! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

Rachel Scott said...

Oh that is really so interesting and awesome.

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful creation sweetie, looks fabulous, thank you for joining us at Tiddly inks this time ♥ Pops x

Larissa said...

Wow such a pretty card! I love the colour and that really cute star paper. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Vicky said...

Such a beautiful card love the colours & of course the fabby image.

Thank you for joining us girlies over at Tiddlyinks.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Suzanne said...

beautiful colouring loving the pinks, thank you for joining us at cmc this week

Sharon Basel said...

Fabulous card! Your coloring on that adorable girl is spectacular-especially on her hair-amazing! A really terrific card and so glad you are sharing this with us at SSW!
Sharon SSW DT

Patti P. said...

Donna, I think your coloring is gorgeous and so is this image. Just adorable and your butterfly bg is lovely. The inside is as beautiful as the outside. Thanks for sharing your card at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Patti SSW/DT

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is great, super colours you have used. Oh my I would have hated being stuck in the car park for that long, glad you got out of there in the end, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

Daniele said...

such a pretty card, hope you have got over the three ours in the car park, next time take something to colour with you and then you can get some crafting in .....lol
hugs

Fleur said...

Oh this is so pretty,
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!

Hugz Fleur xXx