Sunday, February 05, 2012

It'll be "All White" on the night

White on White is the theme over at Bizzy Becs Challenge this month, I'm honoured to be Guest Designer for February and this is the first of my "inspiration" cards.
You know how much I love my designer paper, so you can imagine what a challenge White on White was for me!  Actually the theme is "White on White (but you can use colour on the image) and at least one heart visible", and in the end it wasn't that hard! Moving Along With The Times has Have a heart (at least one visible heart) as its theme this time, so I'm entering there.
I've coloured the image, which is the gorgeous Silver Fairy from Wee Stamps (mine's a digi but it's available in rubber at Bizzy Becs Store) with Copics, using mainly R20's. The Make It Colourful challenge is to Shade with Reds, so I'm entering there. I heat embossed some areas of the wings with iridescent sparkle Embossing Powder.  Fab'n'funky Challenges has "Use a digi", easy peasy, Paper Crafting Journey has Fairies or Angels, Gem of a Challenge has Fairies and Crafty Emma's Store has Wings, so I'm entering those challenges too.
The white paper I used for the mat behind the image is sparkly too - very hard to capture in a photo though.  The background paper is flocked, it really is lovely in real life and came via my son Chris from Starfish Lane.
I used white flowers and pearls from my stash, Stamptacular Sunday Challenge has Diamonds or Pearls as their challenge; in real life I prefer diamonds, but they're so hard to photograph that I prefer to use pearls on my cards!!  Great way of adding a touch of colour too, though not in this case..."white on white", lol.
I punched the edge of the card with my Martha Stewart Heart edge punch, a bit of trial and error involved but once I got the measuring idea down, it wasn't difficult to get it (reasonably) even... I must say that punch around the page punches are easier, lol.  I punched the back flap of the card too, as you can see in the picture of  the inside.  I did it this way (making a sort of mini card inside) so that the punched hearts lined up when the card is shut.  To be honest I'd probably been just as well to have the back flap NOT punched as once it's open and standing you can't even tell that they do line up!  I used a white flower and pink pearl heart to finish the inside off - as well as the usual papers from the front :-)
Pollycraft has a Favourite Things challenge running, I've used a lot of favourite things on this card; I love digital stamps, especially beautiful ones like this! I love colouring with Copics, I love textured paper, punches, pearls and a simple layout.  Flutterby Wednesday has an Open challenge, as long as you use a butterfly, angel or fairy (tick) and Allsorts Challenges has Free and Easy, so I'm entering there.
Well, that's it for my Wee fairy on my White on White card.  I'll be back later in the month with another card for my GDT spot, why don't you give the challenge a go, I promise it wasn't difficult :-)
In the meantime, I'll be back later today with another post for my Here Come The Boys DT spot, hope to see you then, Happy Crafting, Donna

16 comments:

Sara I. said...

Stunning!! Love the coral color you chose for her and all the gorgeous colors in the bg!! Fabulous punching and embossing! xx

Joey said...

Donna this is truly beautiful, stunning card. Joey xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh No Rocky has me mesmerized must get doggy treats!!!! LOLOL Mine is the same!

Love this card the colours are stunning and love the white on white. Thanks for playing our Have a Heart Challenge on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

catherine said...

This is such a beautiful card and loving the WOW theme.
x catherine

Wishcraft said...

Oh so pretty! Love this sweet image and the flocked paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in at A Gem of a Challenge hun :o) Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card, love the image so sweet & your colouring is great!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge & MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is beautiful.. i love the embossed background and the punched heart border
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Emma H said...

Such a lovely card - I love the white on white and that gorgeous image! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky this week!

Nicola said...

Gorgeous WOW card with a beautiful edge and stunning image!
Thanks for entering our Free and Easy challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous & that fairy image is beautiful....

Thanks for playing along at A Gem of a Challenge & good luck!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

happyglitzygirl said...

This is just wonderul. The most beautifully coloured image, love your shading, love all the details. Thanks for playing with us at the Papercrafting Journey, blessings Hilde

Fleur said...

Absolulty gorgeous. Beautiful image and colour choice
Thank you so much for entering our FREE & EASY challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Debs said...

Simply stunning! Love the PATP and your colouring is amazing :o)
Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Sheena said...

Wow a stunning card - love the heart border. Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

Jennifer said...

This is fab, really gorgeous.... love it! Thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge this time. xx Jenny xx

Kelly said...

Congrats on being a guest designer at Bizzy Becs Donna! Your card is so beautiful and your colouring is amazing!
Hugs, Kelly xxx