Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fantastic Gymnastic

The card is another of the CC Designs Honey digis being released this week at All That Scraps.  This is "Gymnast Honey", though really I suppose it's "Gymnast Honeys", lol.  
 I can't believe my luck in the timing of getting this image, my son Chris's friend Tam has just spent two years coaching at the Danish Gymnastic Academy (or whatever it's proper name is, lol) and came home this week after fulfilling commitments there; we are very pleased to get her back and even though she loved it she is glad to be back - as one of our national songs says "no matter how far or how wide I roam, I still call Australia Home".  
I coloured the Honeys with Copic markers, and after cutting them out pop dotted them onto mirror card, I may be mixing my references up here, do gymnasts use a mirror, or is that only ballerinas?  No, apparently (after consultation with Tam) mirrors figure strongly in gym-world, oh and the little bit of eye shadow tickled Tam's fancy too!
The background paper is more of the lovely textured pearly card that I used on my Drummer Dave card.  The patterned paper is from Kaisercrafts Peachy Keen 6" collection, and the plain card that the mirror card is matted on and the circle (cut using Lacey Circles Nestabilites) are self adhesive (good and sticky, that textured card is quite hard to get a grip on, lol) from DCWV Brights mat collection
Pink Gem Challenge had a sketch challenge this time around.
It was in a square format, but to fit my two little Honeys on I stretched it out to a rectangle.  Does anybody else have the problem that cards folded this way don't "sit" properly, well, DON"T sit at all really, they sort of lay flat!!)?  Ha Ha.  If you know a "fix" let me know - I'd appreciate it!
The inside of this card, in complete contrast to the Hippie Honey card I did also from All That Scraps latest release, is super simple.  I just cut a strip from one of the Peachy Keen borders, mounted it on mirror card and stuck it in the middle of the card, it says "The road to a friends house is never long", though in this case of course the road for Tam to her friends house was about 20,000 km!!  Maybe it's nice that 20,000 km is not too long!  A blue flower brad each end, and some sponging around the edges of the card, "fini"!!
Stamp Challenges has it's Digi Day challenge this week, (now that really IS easy!) and Totally Papercrafts has "Friendship" as it's challenge theme so I'm entering these little fitness fans there.  
I used Hippie Honey for this card, she's a sweetie go and have a peep!
Until next time, which will be my final Honey from the release- and my fave - (Here's a link) , Happy Crafting, Dee


8 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Donna
aww a fabulous card, cute image,lovely papers & design, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this special week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Joey said...

Hi

fabulous card the image is so cute! thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey xx

Berry said...

Wow love those Gym Honeys she is adorable! Thanks for playing in our sketch challenge at a gem of a challenge this time hugs rebekah xx

Shelby Goolsby said...

Adorable card Donna!! I love the pearl background.

debby4000 said...

Your card is gorgeous, beautiful cute image.
luv
Debby

Christine said...

Great take on the sketch cute card thanks for sharing with us at A Gem Of A chall.

smiles Christine xx

The Dolphin Inn said...

Cute !!! love the mirror idea and the textured background is lovely too xxx

Tam said...

I know this is a tad delayed but thanks again for the amazing and gorgeous card!
Lots of love
Tam
xxx