Monday, October 18, 2010

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head

This card was done for Allsorts Challenge # 73  "Song Title"; the only thing is - I missed the deadline!  Somehow it's appropriate that the song I chose was "Raindrops Keep Falling on  my Head"  -I feel like I need this card to cheer myself up :-)  
I used CC Designs "Rainy Day Emma" from the Sugarplums collection (yes, I know I use them a lot - I Love them), coloured with Copic and Bic markers.  I "fussy cut" her then popped her up on foam dots, love that 3D finish too!  The patterned paper is from Kaisrcrafts Lilac Avenue 6"x6" collection, the strip along the bottom is one of the tags from the pad.
The rainbow is from Grace Taylor's Hopscotch Scrapbook papers, the glitter was already on it.  The yellow paper has white polka dots on it, which are hard to see in the photo, I made Emma's raincoat from the same paper and paper pieced it, then added some Copic shadows, the boots were just white to start with. 
I printed the sentiment on the computer and cut it out with my oval nestie, then mounted it on a scalloped oval nestie that I had inked the edges of, the edges of the card itself are inked too.  Four little gold brads help finish this simple little card.
It doesn't matter at all that Emma and I missed the deadline for the challenge; there are always more challenges and I had fun creating this card that can now go and remind someone else that life has its' ups and downs - and that not despite but because of the rain, we get rainbows .

No comments: