Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Hundred Thank You Notes

If one "thank you" note says "Thanks", what does a notepad of a hundred say?  This Post-It note and pen holder has a magnet on the back so it can sit on the refrigerator - handy for shopping lists and of course it still fits in your handbag nicely where it is handy for EVERYTHING!!


This project is going in a few challenges: All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge had "make a magnet" as the theme this week.  Hopefully this project, with its magnet on the back, qualifies.  I am also entering it in the Stamp Something challenge for this week "use a digi".......as I use digital stamps 99% of the time - that was EASY!!  Sweet Stampin' has an "Anything But a Card" challenge so guess where my little Post-it Note holder is going:-)
I was going to enter Flutter By Wednesdays challenge for this week, which was anything goes, and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge with the theme "thanks"- but I got distracted when I was typing up my blog and didn't get it entered in time - ME STOOPID!
The cardstock that  the Post-It note holder is made from is from the Die Cuts With a View "Mariposa" collection, I am loving it and it is so much more versatile than I thought it would be when I got it. I used the basics of a template from Dawn Griffith I saw on YouTube, but I had to metricate it as I don't even own a ruler with inches on anymore!!  It took longer to convert (even using an online converter) than to do one from scratch - so I have made a metric version.  I'll put it in my Tutorials and Templates  page when I've tidied it up a bit. The pen came from BigW in a pack of ten, they are gel pens and multicoloured - I wish I could get some black ones, but that is proving impossible here.
I used a strip of gold metallic card (some people know it as Mirri or Mirror Board, I think) punched with Fiskars Apron Lace border punch for Emma to sit on -she needed a seat or she appeared to just "float"- the red polka dot ribbon is from my stash.  
I have used the digital stamp Rose Emma from CC Designs Sugarplums "Take a Seat" collection, available at All That Scraps, coloured her with Copic and Bic markers (I have ordered some more Copics, so the colouring should get easier and my palette broader, soon!) I cut her out and pop dotted her in place.  The sentiment is made up of gold letter stickers.
I'll be making more of these - they are really easy, quick and use offcuts, YAY, I always have offcuts- don't we all!  What's more, they can be as cute or elegant or masculine as you like - very versatile.
Happy crafting, Dee




3 comments:

WickedPixie said...

This is lovely! I think it is great that it is a magnet with sticky notes! :-)Traci

Alie de Vrij-Venema said...

Wow, this is adorable! And handy indeed!! Thanks for joining us last week at Sweet STampin, I hope you can join us again this week with our sketch challenge? xx Alie

Unknown said...

Definitely making some of these for Christmas!! Love them.