Saturday, September 25, 2010

Baby, It's a Jungle Out There

This little card was done in response to the challenge at Totally Gorjuss "Wild Thing", to have an image of an animal on your project.  There are certainly animals on this card, but just how "wild" they are.....hmm.
The giraffe is a puffy sticker that I got in a discount store, it is quite sparkly and kind of overweight for a giraffe, I thought!!  The card is white cardstock, the mat is from the DCWV Bright mat stack and the designer paper - I made myself  ta-da!!!!!

I got the images from a digikit by Bev Luedecke called Jungle Babies, they were "normal" sized so (using Microsoft Word) I resized them down to about 1.5cm and made several copies of each.  I then flipped and rotated them scattering them all over the page, finally I grouped them all together and inserted them as one image in to a new document,leaving enough room at the top for the sentiment.  It really didn't take much skill or long at all - now I'm hooked and I'll never be short of matching paper again; try it you'll be amazed how easy it is to do.

I did some faux stitching around the edges of each layer with gel pen, added some different coloured brads at the corners and rubbed on the "it's a baby boy" sentiment.  It is only a simple little card, but I did acquire a new skill making it so I am happy.

Here is a close up of the paper I "made", what are you waiting for go and 'avago (as we say in Australia) yourself