Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Butterfly Birgitta

I have made this card in response to the Wednesday Challenge at All That Scraps.  The challenge was to use fruit in the design.  The Kaisercraft pad I used ( the Hey Birdie 6"x6" collection) had this beautiful paper with foiled apples on it.  The image is Butterfly Birgitta from All That Scraps, it's by CC Designs - her Swiss Pixies collection.  They're all really cute, this is the first time  Birgitta has featured on one of my cards, but I can see that it won't be the last!!  I may put this card in Two Peas in a Buckets Finally Friday Challenge too, as that challenge is to make a Thank You card - which this is ;)
I used cardstock from  DCWV Neutrals collection in a sort of buff colour.  The tag for the sentiment came from the Hey Birdie collection, as did the border paper at the bottom and the top of the card (both these came off one sheet with loads of border type prints on it - great value, apart from being so perfectly matched!!)  The little flowers on the top border match those on Birgittas pants, tying the images together nicely.  The image is coloured with a mixture of Copics (the three I have at this stage, lol), pigment inks and some felt tipped pens I've had lurking about for ages!!  The mat is from DCWV Neutrals Mat stack cut and embossed with my Cuttlebug and Large Scalloped Ovals Nestabilities.  Mounting the elements on foam dots really helps give the card some "dimension".  Thanks for looking and happy crafting, Dee

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love this card. Love your coloring. And of course I love this image!!