Friday, July 23, 2010

Queen of Hearts

Today's offering is  a set I did for a friends' 40th birthday: the card was inspired by a set of stickers I bought that said things such as "Don't mess with the Queen" and "Your Royal Highness will do", yet when I made the card the sentiments seemed inappropriate so "Celebrate 40" became what I stamped and embossed - consequently I have a packet of cheeky stickers that I will have to use and hope the recipients see the funny side (as I obviously did!)  

The image is from CC Designs Chubby Pencil collection "Queen of Hearts", from All That Scraps - I love just about all the stamps on offer there and am on a mission to collect them, or so it feels!  I painted Her Royal Highness with Jo Sonja acrylics, as I do most of my images, probably because I have so many of them, as in ALL!  I cut the panel out with Nestabilites Labels Four and my Cuttlebug.  The frame is made by simply using two "consecutive" dies which I taped to the card with removable sticky tape to stop them from moving about while cutting; I find Scotch Tape the best.  I used Lilac Avenue 6" paper pad by Kaisercraft for both the background of the card and the frame.   Some hydrangea blooms (from a really daggy looking bunch bought at the $2 for, unsurprisingly, $2 and a embossed greeting in purple mounted on an oval of Lilac Ave paper finish the card.  The gift purse, the template for which I cannot remember the origin of , is made with DCWV Latte Collection cardstock decorated with some "bling" and a gold cord handle.  These purses are great for gift vouchers: this one had a pamper package voucher rolled up like a scroll inside it, secured with the same gold cord - it looked pretty good.

No comments: